PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - AJo line check

VLV
09-24-2007, 04:35 AM
Villain is 45/17/2 over 80 hands.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $28.60
BB: $20.50
Hero (UTG): $26.30
CO: $24.90
BTN: $23.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.30</font>, BB calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.40) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

River: ($16.40) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $12.35</font>, Hero ???

Call or fold?

Nick C
09-24-2007, 04:41 AM
The situation sucks, but you should probably fold. Either Villain is trying hard to get paid off, or he's imitating the turn min-checkraise with a monster line and following up with a frustration push after that didn't work.

Probably he's trying to get paid, though, and the flop call suggests that he didn't merely catch a worse ace on the turn (although, hmm, A2 and A5 are possible).

kimos123
09-24-2007, 04:41 AM
its nasty situation. i will just call here the odds are large that u might have the best hand. you might be against a two pair or a weak ace.

Fouracess
09-24-2007, 06:25 AM
With this odds (aprox 2.6 to 1) I will call it on the river.

xoom
09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
I think this is a fold unless you've seen villan bluffing on the river like this earlier. Ax is probably a big part of his range, and I doubt he is min-checkraising like a true donkey without at least two pair.

Additional question: under what conditions (if any) should we be folding to the checkraise on the turn?

scallop
09-24-2007, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a fold unless you've seen villan bluffing on the river like this earlier. Ax is probably a big part of his range, and I doubt he is min-checkraising like a true donkey without at least two pair.

Additional question: under what conditions (if any) should we be folding to the checkraise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beluga Theroem anyone? It's a really small raise on the turn, but you only have a one pair hand, which could easily have improved alot of one pair hands into two pair hands. He could have a set.

This is an easy fold IMO. If anyone can give me a range that we beat?

pbx
09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
whats his 3 bet range like ? Is he likely to just call with AQ/AK ?

I think hes very unlikely to have AK here (although its possible) and 50/50 that he has AQ. His range also includes 2P hands (A3,A4) and sets (33,44). The only other hands that could take this line is an overplayed AT/AJ. That being the case your equity in pokerstove is around ~28%, which is around what the pot is offering you.

Its obviously player dependant. Has he been overly aggro with TP ?. Calling seems EV neutral at best.

murr. I think

Agg Factor &lt; 1 - fold
1 &lt; Agg Factor &lt; 2 - dunno
Agg Factor &gt; 2 - call

VLV
09-24-2007, 10:00 AM
No solid reads on the player, sorry. Like you guys said, without something beyond stats this is most likely a fold. I ended up folding anyway.

Was my turn call correct? It just looked to me like he spiked an A or something and I was hoping he wouldn't lead river. I thought about Beluga but it was just seemed like too good a call when there's a chance that I could get to the showdown cheap.

traz
09-24-2007, 10:21 AM
This doesn't quite qualify as a baluga situation, because the turn is what gave us TP in the first place.

That being said...against this guy I find it super difficult to fold on the turn, but really easy to fold on the river.

JackAll
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
fold turn