PDA

View Full Version : 50NL TPGK in a multiway pot

homeslice
09-23-2007, 08:49 PM
When I raised PF, I thought I would be able to narrow the field, however that didn't work. As you see SB bets small on the flop, getting everyone to fold, but what's my play. this is only my second orbit with this villian, so I don't have a good read. Do I call or do I raise?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($49.25)
CO ($50.05)
Hero ($51)
SB ($51.05)
BB ($67.15)
UTG ($51.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2.75, BB calls $2.50, UTG calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($15) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero ???

stoli
09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I feel like I see this situation a lot. He bet 5 into a 15 dollar pot. Seems to me he's trying to set his own price to hit a flush. I re-raise here and then re-evaluate. Reads help though...

Lego05
09-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I just call. He could have just a draw but this was a 5way pot and he bet acting first. Plus the pot is pretty bloated now and I'd rather not be playing for stacks with TPSK.

So I call and hope the turn isn't a diamond. And if it isn't and he checks I bet there. Otherwise turn/river depends on the cards and his bet amounts.

joelav128
09-23-2007, 10:36 PM
I would raise to about $12-15 and see how the small blind reacts

senorquinn
09-23-2007, 11:10 PM
I think calling is best. After the turn I would decide if I am committed and bet or fold accordingly.

I think if your going to raise 12-15$ isnt quite enough. I d say at least 30$. After 12-15 you have enough in the pot that you are committed to the all in but you give any flush draws a very good implied odds. The problem is that in order to cut down implied odds on the flush you have to bet over 30$ which is too much as all thats going to call that is hands that you are behind.

Bill Smith
09-24-2007, 12:06 AM
I believe NLHE said something about pot control often being more important than free cards. Just call and re-eval turn.

soded
09-24-2007, 01:26 AM
With a flop like that, other than the flush draw, it's as dry as you can get, and you flopped the top pair. The only hands that beat yours are the not so likely hands of 33, 88, kk, AK, AA, 83, K3, K8, all of which don't seem likely for 5.5 BB to enter the pot, other than 88, 33. So with his smallish bet, and everyone else folding, I would put him on a flush draw at best. If you're ahead, you're way ahead, if you're behind, you still have outs to top set.

I would just call and induce a turn bet, if it's not a diamond, raise. The value of your hand goes way up when a non diamond comes up. Also it'll be much less likely for him to make the diamond flush.

If you raise instead. 12-15 or even 30 as suggested. if he's behind, he'll fold, making you $20 minus your investment of $3. If he has a flush draw, he'll have odds to call as he's almost 50% to make the flush by the river, then it's a race, where you still have a fair chance of winning. Just call for pot control, and value if he barrels another one on the turn.