PDA

View Full Version : PL Strategy

thing85
09-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I know this forum generally hates posts that ask a simple question, but do we have any good strategy posts about PL poker (micro stakes)? Looking all over the FAQ and post anthology, I couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Sean Fraley
09-23-2007, 11:39 AM
I really can't see much difference between it and NL other than some tweaking of implied odds since you might not be able to get all of villains stack in due to the limitations on betting/raising nor can you always bet big enough to deny them odds for the same reason, and no longer being able to shove high equity draws on the flop. When you get down to it, in any NL game where anyone hardly ever makes a bet bigger than the pot or raises an amount bigger than a pot size raise, you are essentially playing PL anyway most of the time. Probably not much need for many strategy articles, though someone posting one that details what minor differences in strategy there are would be nice.

1tripz1
09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
The best strategy for Holdem is play NL or FL....Pl just doesnt work IMO. To many people seeing the flop and annoying situations. Aces UTG, arghhhhh!

Antinome
09-23-2007, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best strategy for Holdem is play NL or FL....Pl just doesnt work IMO. To many people seeing the flop and annoying situations. Aces UTG, arghhhhh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just complain that too many people see the flop in a game where implied odds are less valuable than in NL?

The best reason to play PL right now is that the games are very soft by comparison to NL. Go look at the VPIP averages on the PL tables on your favorite site and tell me these games are bad. Frustrating sometimes, but that's true whenever you're playing crazy fish.

AZplaya
09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
lol at not playing PL 1tripz1...PL $50 on FTP is the biggest donkfest on the web, IMO. Really isn't that much diffference except pre flop cuz it's alot tougher to get as much $ in as you'd like. Example, donk minraises pre, it's folded to you, the most you can raise to is like 6BB's.

1tripz1
09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
If the games are softer then fine, but i see no strategic reason to play PL holdem over NL holdem. And for me the difference in pre flop play makes all the difference for me. Then again they have PL Holdem at the WSOP so i guess im just not giving the game enough credit. Am mostly annoyed that most the live holdem games in the UK are PL and id just rather not play it.