PDA

View Full Version : 25PL: 99 Button 'Steal', ugly flop, donkbet, I float...

Antinome
09-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $9.05
BB: $32.05
UTG: $23.70
CO: $35.10
Hero (BTN): $41.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.30) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>

I do this a lot instead of raising the donkbet on the flop.
Here he fires weak again on the turn, I decide he has a T or QJ. Is this stupid? Villain isn't a complete drooler, but he doesn't scare me much either. He makes minbets to induce, bets weak when he is weak, and bluffs look like valuebets.

Advantages/Disadvantages to floating the donk (in position) over repopping it immediately?

johndenver
09-23-2007, 11:27 AM
well i think disadvantage obv is you give him a chance to draw out on you cheaply... i think people make these bets alot on draws hoping you are just a passive 25nl player and you will call along with them so they can draw on the cheap

also, if you dont raise flop, its kind of hard for you to rep ak or kq here, so your turn raise looks a little bit suspect

Waingro
09-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I donīt really raise those flops anymore, I just call to see what they do on the turn. A lot of the time it is a hand like A6o taking a stab, a hand with very little equity. Often I decide to just call them down, precisely because they have such little chance of improving. This turn sucks, because it really look like he has some weak part of the flop like a T or QJ or even AJ etc. But probably a T. Arrgh this just tilts me. He is probably going to bet $1.25 on the river as well if we call the turn.

You have odds to call down because he is going to show up with random garbage often enough. I would like a raise on the turn for value, if you somehow is convinced he is drawing, but I donīt think he ever folds better.

Antinome
09-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Even if I knew he had QJ,AJ on the flop I'd probably call and wait for a turn- Those hands have way too much equity against 99, and I'd be building a pot I wouldn't want to let go.

On the turn however I can get value from a bad call with AJ or QJ, and a T will fold at least some of the time fearing a slowplayed AK/KQ. Not that I would actually do that very often, but he probably would. The story is a little strained, but I think he believes it often enough.

Its a valuebluff?

Check_The_Nuts
09-23-2007, 12:44 PM
I think i'd rather call than raise. He's going to have a difficult time folding any half decent ten or JJ-AA. Obviously not folding a king either.

It's kind of a bad flop to raise because there aren't many hands you would do that with. Still like it more if your original plan was call flop raise turn.