PDA

View Full Version : STOP POSTING RESULTS

NL Newbie
09-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Please, it's killing this section.

Want to improve? Give us a challenge, talk ranges, talk reads.

Dont post "Uh thought i was ahead" "UH am i being results orientated?" "Can i get away from this here /images/graemlins/frown.gif" "Ah [censored] i lost what did i do wrong?".

It kills discussion, we don't care if you lost or won - Its all about long term +EV plays.

Suddenly the guy having T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif now seems obvious, so the initial reply goes from....

"Hmmm i dont see what he could have here... but he's in the SB so its quite wide" to....

"He has DEFINATLY GOT 2pair here, no doubt about it... Probably T2 actually.... Guy thinks he's doyle."

Flame away, you know im right though /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MrWooster
09-23-2007, 07:09 AM
I second the above - good post

Unknown Soldier
09-23-2007, 07:10 AM
i agree that it skews responses somewhat, but it's a useful skill to be able to analyze a hand completely disregarding the results, even if you know them.

But I agree with you, results should be left out for the sake of discussion.

whyzze
09-23-2007, 07:10 AM
I dont even look at them. TBH you can usually tell what they are by the post and tone.

Chomp
09-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Also, please post stakes in title line of posts!!!

Spanky1974
09-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Pot Size: $120.95 ($3 Rake)

Catdogsf had K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and LOST (-$60.10)
Hero had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a pair of Aces) and WON (+$57.85)

scallop
09-23-2007, 08:50 AM
I mean in the HSN/MSNL forums they basically have an awesome discussion and then once it seems like a consensus on a line has been drawn, someome asks for the results and they get them

I mean we wanna know what happened in the hand, but that comes a distant second to discussing the hand properly.

Gigglegirl
09-23-2007, 08:54 AM
While we're on this, can posters post what numbers Hero is running as well as Villains numbers?
There is a big difference between a 12/10/2 Hero and a 28/22/5 Hero obviously.

Chomp
09-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Mods, you could change the title of this thread to "Guide to good posting" or "Posting do's and do not's" or something like that. More eye-catching.

So far we have:

1. Don't post results
2. Post stakes in thread title
3. Give Hero's as well as villain's stats

NL Newbie
09-23-2007, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mods, you could change the title of this thread to "Guide to good posting" or "Posting do's and do not's" or something like that. More eye-catching.

So far we have:

1. Don't post results
2. Post stakes in thread title
3. Give Hero's as well as villain's stats and sample size - 50hands is big difference to 500

[/ QUOTE ]

ama0330
09-23-2007, 09:54 AM
I'll make a sticky detailing all of the above. Posting in the forum really does suck balls at the moment and as you know from my PSA I am aware of it already. Don't worry, I'm not ignoring it.

Thanks NL Newbie and everyone else for bringing it up, I'll act on it as soon as I get a moment to myself irl.

Upgrade_U
09-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Everyone posts only hands where they loose anyways so it doesn't really change anything but I suppose OP is right

jk1986
09-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Its not just posting results, its the tone of posts too. Often posts are made without any reads or PT stats, saying something like could I have got away here, so they might as well have just posted the results its that obvious what happened!