PDA

View Full Version : AA rivers a set, NL $50 6m

AZplaya
09-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Villian is taggish over 75 hands, 25/20, haven't seen him get out of line yet. I felt kinda lost throughout this hand. Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $80.45
BB: $68.15
UTG: $50.00
BTN: $77.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.50) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls $10.50

Turn: ($31.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($31.50) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $52.40</font>, Hero calls $32.40

Pot Size: $136.30 ($2 Rake)

Phildo
09-23-2007, 03:36 AM
I don't know if it's right, but I think I'm folding to that flop raise.

mdm13
09-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Well, sometimes I would reraise the flop raise because a TAG is raising a flop like that with a lot of hand you beat, but thats just my aggro/spewiness. On the turn the 4 completes some draws and his check behind could mean he is being tricky with the straight or has an overpair/set that he might think got drawn out on and wants a cheap showdown. The turn may be a decent spot for a bet/fold but I'm sucky at using those, lol. Then the river I would say narrows his range to straights, sets, and backdoor flushes that he may have fallen into by raising the flop with air and then taking the freecard on the turn or even a hand like 35d if hes a little loose PF. So I would say the river call is definitely correct but I can definitely understand not knowing how to play this hand, because I'm not quite sure the best line either.

Nick C
09-23-2007, 03:47 AM
What an ugly spot to be in. The turn could have made Villain's hand, it could have given him additional outs, and either way, you're screwed on the river unless the hand that Villain made on the turn is two pair.

However, he also could have basically given up after his flop raise got called, only to spike aces up on the river.

So, I don't know, maybe we shouldn't bet? It seems like Villain probably either has a marginal hand or a monster. And if his hand is marginal, it's hard to see how that river card would cheer him up any.

But once you bet, I don't see how you can fold a hand so strong, getting over 2:1.

mdm13
09-23-2007, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it's right, but I think I'm folding to that flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this was a 3bet pot where OP 3bets and gets called and then this happens, I would say it is much more likely for the villain to have a set or two pair. But because it isn't, villains range could be fairly wide, as is the hero's range to the villain.

kindergartencop
09-23-2007, 06:37 AM
i play same then c/c river.....im a pussy though.

CrustyFace
09-23-2007, 06:38 AM
I don't think calling the flop raise saves you anything and you are more likely to be ahead (if at all) now than on the next street. I'd push or fold here depending on how many hands villain plays.

thing85
09-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Looks like villain is getting tricky with you. I agree that he could easily have a wide range of hands, but it's odd that a 25/20 didn't 3bet you PF. I'm thinking he makes this call with any PP, even JJ-AA (with AA unlikely, obv).

His flop raise is really odd, 2x the pot, which again looks like he whiffed but is trying to push you off your hand, which, given the dry flop (he probably puts you on overcards), he sees your flop bet as a standard cbet.

When you call, he backs down on the turn. Why wouldn't he fire again if he saw you were willing to call his huge raise on the flop?

He wakes up on the river, and I have to believe he has/had AK or a set. Obviously, you beat any of his sets, so I think this is an easy call on the river. I really don't think a straight or flush is as likely, and you're getting ~2:1.

kaz2107
09-23-2007, 12:07 PM
the only hand i can see u losing to really is 44. he can deff have an under set or some stupidly played 2 pair or sumtin as well.

(i guess he could have a combo draw on the flop with a 4 but blah. i dont fold top set here. villians line is too retarded for me to fold top set. im willing to stack off 100bbs here)

Check_The_Nuts
09-23-2007, 12:55 PM
really hate bet/call. He's not bluffing here unless he's [censored] insane and it's pretty hard for him to raise the river without the straight.

I think I check/call the river. He's gunna be pretty tempted to bluff that river if he raised the flop with something like TT/JJ. He'll check back two pair but he's not gunna call with just 2pair on the river. Set's probably just call except maybe top set, and straights obv. push.

corsakh
09-23-2007, 01:19 PM
He probably 3bets 99+ preflop. A 33-77 not going to check the turn on this board in a blind war. Then again, depends how solid he is.

It really looks like he was just bluffing with some diamonds, then picked up a flush draw on the turn and decided to get a free card. But I would not be be able to fold this.