PDA

View Full Version : A 10 too cautious?

Lostit
09-22-2007, 12:49 AM
I have a few questions on the way I played the following hand.

*** Villain in the hand is 51/10/4 and has been calling me down preflop on everything, but he's also been uncanny with hitting flops, so it was hard to figure out when he was floating me, because he almost always had a hand.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $53.60
BB: $54.25
UTG: $84.55
CO: $40.60
BTN: $51.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

Turn: ($12) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($12) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $8.00</font>, Hero ???

A few additional points to know. Villains river aggression is a 2.5, which I had showing on my PAHUD display.

Questions:
1.) I think the CB was standard there, but OOP with a marginal Ace does make me susceptable to being floated. Opinion on the CB there?

2.) Opinions on my Turn check? I didn't want to play a huge pot with only A 10, so I was trying to control the pot, even though the flush draw was out there. We were heads up so I figured I would take my chances with the draw there. Conversely my hand was unlikely to improve, so I was exposing myself there. Thoughts on the tradeoff between allowing the free card and trying to control the pot on the turn?

3.) I showed weakness on the turn and river and then got bet into by the villain (see stats above). Call/Fold or re-raise? I personally can't ever see a re-raise there so basically call or fold?

whyzze
09-22-2007, 12:53 AM
OK...snap call this river. I would prefer leading the river though.

This hand should go. bet flop. Bet turn. c/c river unless it completes the flush. Then its b/f.

sightless
09-22-2007, 12:58 AM
On turn the board is wet keep betting.

ugh as played
calling river probably isnt bad.

vixticator
09-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Bet turn, don't play pot sizes only based on hand strength. No way he's got a better Ace. A Jack calls most of time, clubs every time maybe even for a raise. Nothing got there on turn unless 24 is in range, I doubt this very much. I'd bet/3bet here. You are beat by slowplayed AJ, 55, that's it.

Harry Fong
09-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Bet $8-$9 on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain in the hand is 51/10/4 and has been calling me down preflop on everything, but he's also been uncanny with hitting flops, so it was hard to figure out when he was floating me, because he almost always had a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

With these stats i am almost certian that villain does not know the meaning of floating.

I would call the river hoping not to see clubs that i allowed to draw for free.

.xxxx.
09-22-2007, 01:44 AM
are you potting every flop without TPGK out of the SB? as soon as you pot flop HU sb vs bb your range is narrowed to TP/fire out with JJ+ and villain should RR w/ any A to get free card, control action (for future reference)

value bet turn all day every day and c/c made draw rivers vs overagg villains

Lostit
09-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback, basically told me what I knew that I screwed the pooch on the turn.

One point I disagree with from above, about only worrying about AJ or 55. I also was worried about AQ or AK. Since I raised preflop, I can't count on Ace-Trash, so the only things I'm beating here are a Jack or a flush draw that doesn't come in. Either way, in retrospect, the turn check was bad. Still struggling with the OOP second barrel versus pot control dilemma from time to time and this was a good example. Usually I do fire the second barrel, but I think its starting to turn into a significant leak in my game, which was why I appreciate the feedback on this hand.

The end result of the hand was that he made his flush draw on the river, I called it, and lost the hand.

Probably a little TILT creeping into my game on this one as this guy was hitting every flop, was immediately to my left, and this hand was no exception, but no excuses.

Good feedback, thanks again