PDA

View Full Version : 10-25NL Help

Miguel Olivo
09-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Hello. I beat 10NL very easily for awhile and ran horridly when I moved up each time and didnt move back down, now I have $210 or so. I am losing at 10NL even now. Does anyone have a link to a 10NL advice page or 10NL videos?

Thanks, I need it.

TheRenaissance
09-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Just let your inner nit shine.

Miguel Olivo
09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So juist play really tight. Dont raise AJ etc or what?

thac
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Don't play loose, don't bluff, just value bet a LOT.

You can continuation bet, but don't double barrel, don't fire with complete air a lot of the time.. just play straightforward.

Miguel Olivo
09-21-2007, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't play loose, don't bluff, just value bet a LOT.

You can continuation bet, but don't double barrel, don't fire with complete air a lot of the time.. just play straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I WAS doing that and had a 7% preflop raise, i've tried to be aggressive and had terrible results. Is their a guidleine sort of page for this?

TheRenaissance
09-21-2007, 07:53 PM
How tight you play preflop is not really the big issue - postflop is key. Look for value anywhere you can.

thac
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How tight you play preflop is not really the big issue - postflop is key. Look for value anywhere you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you can play well postflop, you can play more hands, but I just assume you aren't the best handreader yet.

jerryf1914
09-21-2007, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you cannot beat unl by playing super tight. you have to play more hands in order to put yourself in enough good situations to be profitable. playing dirt tight just sets you up for huge dry spells and then when your aa kk start getting cracked on top of that there is just no way to recover.

Miguel Olivo
09-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I started 4-tabling instead of 6-tabling so I could concentrate more. I have been playing very tight for the past hour and a half or so and am up $38. Plus I lost some pots I was a big favorite in. So I am doing good for right now. Thanks again.

UptownExpress
09-21-2007, 10:19 PM
if u play just aq ak and pairs u can prob beat nl10. this is an awful way to play the gamethough.

Miguel Olivo
09-21-2007, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if u play just aq ak and pairs u can prob beat nl10. this is an awful way to play the gamethough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But it's the only way to consistently win here. ANY advanced, at all, play is useless at this level.

Sean Fraley
09-22-2007, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But it's the only way to consistently win here. ANY advanced, at all, play is useless at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite correct. Last time I was in 10NL I was crushing it for 11-12 PTBB/100 over about 30k.

UTG: play AJo+, KQ+, any two face cards (AKQJ) that are suited. Fold everything else.

UTG+1: Same as above, but add any two suited broadway, ATo, KJo, A8s+, 98s+

Cutoff or Button: If the pot is limped play all suited aces, suited connectors, suited one and two gappers, and unsuited connectors (54s/o, 53s, 52s should be as low as you go though). If you have one limper in front of you, raise anything you play. If you have more than one limper in front of you limit your raises to any two broadway suited or not. An exception is if you are in the cutoff and the button calls raises very loosely. In that case raise only two broadway cards.

In all positions, don't call raises with easily dominated offsuit cards. In late position, you can call with big offsuit connectors as long as you realize that you really aren't playing hands like QJo for top pair value in that situation.

Postflop you should valuebet the piss out of TPGK or better unless you have a read that tells you otherwise. MAKE NO ATTEMPTS OTHER THAN A C-BET TO STEAL THE POT IF YOU ARE OUT OF POSITION. Read that last sentence again and memorize it. In position, attempt to steal with two big overcards, any OESD/FDs, bottom or middle pair, just about anything that has marginal value or a decent chance of drawing to a big hand. If your steal attempt faces resistance, check you implied odds and get the hell out if they aren't there.

While admittedly there is more to it, that is a pretty accurate nutshell of how to win at 10NL. Play tight OOP, loosen up a lot in position so you don't miss a chance to get in a pot with the fish. Postflop, be a complete nit when you are OOP, in position abuse any player who is foolish enough to play against you when they are OOP.

Oh, yeah: Believe their raises.

fozzy71
09-22-2007, 01:30 AM
WP

Sean Fraley
09-22-2007, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WP

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Miguel Olivo
09-22-2007, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite correct. Last time I was in 10NL I was crushing it for 11-12 PTBB/100 over about 30k.

UTG: play AJo+, KQ+, any two face cards (AKQJ) that are suited. Fold everything else.

UTG+1: Same as above, but add any two suited broadway, ATo, KJo, A8s+, 98s+

Cutoff or Button: If the pot is limped play all suited aces, suited connectors, suited one and two gappers, and unsuited connectors (54s/o, 53s, 52s should be as low as you go though). If you have one limper in front of you, raise anything you play. If you have more than one limper in front of you limit your raises to any two broadway suited or not. An exception is if you are in the cutoff and the button calls raises very loosely. In that case raise only two broadway cards.

In all positions, don't call raises with easily dominated offsuit cards. In late position, you can call with big offsuit connectors as long as you realize that you really aren't playing hands like QJo for top pair value in that situation.

Postflop you should valuebet the piss out of TPGK or better unless you have a read that tells you otherwise. MAKE NO ATTEMPTS OTHER THAN A C-BET TO STEAL THE POT IF YOU ARE OUT OF POSITION. Read that last sentence again and memorize it. In position, attempt to steal with two big overcards, any OESD/FDs, bottom or middle pair, just about anything that has marginal value or a decent chance of drawing to a big hand. If your steal attempt faces resistance, check you implied odds and get the hell out if they aren't there.

While admittedly there is more to it, that is a pretty accurate nutshell of how to win at 10NL. Play tight OOP, loosen up a lot in position so you don't miss a chance to get in a pot with the fish. Postflop, be a complete nit when you are OOP, in position abuse any player who is foolish enough to play against you when they are OOP.

Oh, yeah: Believe their raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the exact way you described. Did you raise with KQ or AJ UTG or in any other position? Thanks.

ama0330
09-22-2007, 06:47 AM
There is no specific way to play any level. Post hands and seek advice that way, if you're looking for some magic formula you wont find it. This board is overflowing with excellent advice both in the threads and the stickes and I am astounded that you would post a question like this.