PDA

View Full Version : K-K facing turn push

paddytokey
09-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $11.17
BB: $8.04
UTG: $2.57
MP: $1.90
CO: $8.27
Hero (BTN): $6.09

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.25</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.35</font>, MP calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.27) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets all-in for $1.30</font>, Hero ???

First of all,i should have c-bet more on the flop,i know.
Do you call this?No reads on villain

mackthefork
09-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Given MPs stack I don't think you did yourself much harm on the flop, but betting more on a board this co-ordinated won't harm you either, I think you have to call the turn push because it doesn't seem to make any sense at all, if he hit an 8 I think it is highly likely he checks to you again.

Regards Mack

wslee00
09-21-2007, 10:37 AM
at these level, raise more pre
and this is an easy call imo.

DBG
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
With no reads I say call then take good notes if you're beat.

mrpotto
09-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Insta call since it's a shorty and I tend not to give them much credit (leak?). I often rationalize that there's a reason most of these guys are short and the number 1 reason is that they are donks. I know this is generalizing and there are some players that play a tight mean short stack game (not many IMO). You will see a full array of trash often here including A3, A10, K10, J10, flush draws, Straight draws, etc. I call this all day long. If he has an 8 so be it. Your cbet is fine BTW.

paddytokey
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
To me this bet made no sense as well,he might do this with a flushdraw,but i would have that beat right now anyway.if he really had an 8,he would probably check to me,since he can easily push if i bet since he is that short.so i called.
btw,he had k-10o /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warteen
09-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Never ever fold an overpair to a push from a stack this short. Shortstacks are usually desperate and overplaying their top- or mid-pair type hands.

RedSoxFan
09-21-2007, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to call the turn push because it doesn't seem to make any sense at all, if he hit an 8 I think it is highly likely he checks to you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does much make sense in micro limits- especially this low. I bounce between NL2 and NL5 and see a lot of crazy things. I think this is very player dependent but I can easily see someone calling a big PFR w A8s,K8s,89s, etc. If this dude is a loose passive player - probably not within his game to slow play monsters; call when catch a piece and push when improve. All you have is an overpair.