PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 KJ like my line?

xeanatic
09-21-2007, 05:46 AM
No reads on villian

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $25.40
BB: $15.00
UTG: $18.10
BTN: $26.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.25) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.00

River: ($11.25) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $20.40</font>, UTG calls all-in for $10.60
Uncalled bet of $7.30 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $37.45 ($1.80 Rake)

frostbrn
09-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Why not just call the river? You're only getting called by the A of spades like 75% of the time or more.

Stadjer
09-21-2007, 06:07 AM
just call river. Only As wil call your shove

terrible
09-21-2007, 06:44 AM
i find a river minraise pretty sexy here

xeanatic
09-21-2007, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i find a river minraise pretty sexy here

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a minraise is sexy ever /images/graemlins/wink.gif

no one thinks we are getting called by Qs here pretty often?

panda
09-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Call is fine, minraise (or near minraise) is only pretty good if you have a strong enough read that he will only be pushing with the As here, but you don't.

Khumalo
09-21-2007, 07:28 AM
PF: 4 handed with 2 limpers I will often raise for value and isolation even from the SB with KJ. Domination is not an issue and limp-callers will often fit-or-fold the flop, so you can c-bet 90% of flops OOP with some confidence, until you have a read that the limpers are secretly crazy aggro-tards who will make your life hell unless you're in position. But your pf line is totally fine, obv.

As played, flop lead is good (I might pot it, but whatever.)
Turn I assume you're bet-folding for anything more substantial / odds-denying than villain's ghey min-raise, which I think is OK, though to be honest I'm a little shy betting that turn into two guys who called on the flop, since the 6s completes a str8 draw as well.

The river check-raise is the most interesting part of your line. UTG seems clueless, so it's hard to tell what his river bet means. Your check, which I assume was a WA/WB sort of check, complicates matters nicely by signaling weakness. It stimulates the generic donk's tendency to overplay whatever slightly-to-significantly weaker hands he might be holding in this spot. He bets 2.50, an amount that screams he doesn't have the As, so your river check seems to have netted you some information, and you shove for value. He's committed much of his stack and is likely to make a crying call. Or maybe he bet 2.50 because you looked too weak to pay his nut flush any kind of normal amount. The first scenario happens more often, of course.

So, on the whole, your river play comes down to what his calling range is after you shove, and although thin, value does arise from the villain's high degree of stack-commitment by the time you put him in. I don't see him easily folding high, non-A spades here.

terrible
09-21-2007, 07:30 AM
a minraise will get called by frustrated 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif-Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif and there's no way villain's going to come over the top with anything other than A/images/graemlins/spade.gif at this level

scallop
09-21-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm deffinately checking the turn. Our hand just became a draw, that UI only wants to see showdown very cheaply.

I dont really like your river c/r. I mean I like a c/r, just maybe not a shove. Make it 10/12 FOR VALUE.

I agree that you might get called light but non A:spapde:, but you are deffinately getting called by A/images/graemlins/spade.gif when u shove, mostly getting called by other spades if you value raise, and they rarely if ever shove non A/images/graemlins/spade.gif if u value raise.

Mini-Raising is horrible. Never describe it as sexy.

terrible
09-21-2007, 08:30 AM
lol at making it 12 for value instead of shoving when villain has $10.60 left after his river bet.

scallop
09-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Villian can call 12. He should not call a shove w/out A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

09-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Yea this would have to be a read-dependant play to be +eV. If you think the villain would be min raising with a smaller made flush on the turn and will stack off with it even when a 4th spade hits the river then yes, I like your line. Nice lead on the flop btw, c/r is fine too.

terrible
09-21-2007, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian can call 12. He should not call a shove w/out A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

calling 12 is the same as calling a shove because he has like $11 left on the river, are you being deliberately stupid here or something?

whyzze
09-21-2007, 09:00 AM
to be honest...the only street you played well was the flop. Possibly the turn.

scallop
09-21-2007, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calling 12 is the same as calling a shove because he has like $11 left on the river, are you being deliberately stupid here or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - sorry I thought you meant he would have 10 left after 12.

scallop
09-21-2007, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So whats your line? How do you play the river?

whyzze
09-21-2007, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So whats your line? How do you play the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im raising this preflop more than I am completing first of all. Not to say I never do. Depends on villians.

Anyways. I pot the flop. c/c the turn as our hand sucks and I expect him to check behind with the majority of his range.

As played I am calling his minraise on the turn. Then leading for 1/3 pot on river...obviously folding to a real raise.

scallop
09-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I think c/c the river isnt too bad either.