PDA

View Full Version : big laydown

lead24
09-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $42.20
Hero (BB): $49.25
UTG: $47.75
CO: $62.65
BTN: $56.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($3) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3.00</font>, SB calls $3.00, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($12) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $9.00</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls $6.00

everyone was playing pretty tight at this table. I decided to play it tricky and I just called the flop cause i thought it was the only way to get them to put more money into the pot, especially from UTG who i thought had an ace(he played tight)and would put me or the SB on the flush draw. Also I had position on SB so i would see his action when and if UTG bet the turn before i acted, which would let me know if he was flushing or had the other ten or an ace. I know he could put me or the SB on a ten but i figured he would put a turn bet to find out and also to ge rid of the draw, and i would get more money that way from him.

Incase UTG checks the turn and the river comes a Diamond i can easily fold to a bet from the SB who was flushing or has a better ten, and also i think and ace would call my bet if a non diamond hits on the river. I also would have no problem foldin if the turn was a diamon and there was some big bets being made.

I didn't know what to make of the little raise. either I or the PFRer could be on a flush draw, so if SB had trips i didn't understand why he would bet so small, unless he is filled up already. I definetely didn't think he would raise with a flush draw or an ace. So i played it safe and folded but i have no idea if it was a good laydown.

I know i could of just called the turn and reevalate the river but i thought that would let UTG chase his flush, which is what i put him on if he calls after i call. PLus if i just call i'm hoping he is bluffing so i don't see me making any value bets but i see him making a bet bet, which might get me in deep sh8.

I'm basically trying to find a way not to go broke to another ten and maximize but did i just go overboard here.
SHould i have just raised the flop, played a normal line? Or does my logic make some sense to someone.

kroeliewoelie
09-21-2007, 05:28 AM
I haven't actually thought that well about your thoughts and reasons to play it like this, but I don't like your call preflop. You have your dream flop and still don't earn money.

And I don't like slowplaying a hand where you use only one of your hole cards in a multiway pot. I bet the flop and hope to take the pot down. I think the turn action shows, why I do not want to slowplay this.

Waingro
09-21-2007, 05:37 AM
Raise the flop. Do you seriously think that someone with an ace or a fd would fold here? In that case that got to be at the tightest uNL table in history. If you had say 55 here, there is absolutely no way you would raise here as a bluff, would you? Because they wouldnīt fold. Sometimes they got nothing and fold and sometimes they fold tpgk on really scary boards, but the reason a pure bluff is such a bad idea is just because of the fact that they donīt fold when they are clearly beat. And that is a good thing. Raise the flop.

panda
09-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Fold pf.

You are over-thinking how to beat this level of poker. You should be trying your best to get all your money in as quickly as possible. A large part of oppenents ranges are Ax and flush draws and maybe even other pocket pairs and gutshot straight draws.

All that beats you is someone holding the case 10, in which case you will actually end up splitting alot after the river.