PDA

View Full Version : What line should I have taken?

markuisis
09-20-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm just wondering what u guys think is the best line on the turn? I think if I bet, I scare away hands with a 9,6 and at often times a ten, there r no real draws out there except for j8 and jq that he would call the flop with, to me, it seems that by betting, I'm letting worse hands get away from
me, while throwing money at better hands. Really, it seems that there r is only one hand a bet would be profitable against, j-8 (charge him for his draw) I have no read on the player but he is only playing 1 table so I assume he is not great. Check folding the turn seems too weak and check calling isnt great since I don't c him betting anything I beat here. It seems like most ppl would auto-bet that turn, but given the board complexion, what hands do u guys c in villain's range as a bet being profitable against?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $99.00
BB: $112.10
Hero (UTG): $100.00
BTN: $396.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, BTN calls $6.00

Turn: ($20.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero?

Rounder101
09-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Im not an experienced 4 handed player, but.
I agree that by betting u let worse hands get away and giving away money to better ones, but nothing guarantees u that u will get action on the river or here, by checking, while u do give a chance to him, if he is behind, suck out for free.
If I check its just for pot control, and not letting him reraise if he has a set, so I would be check calling, but that just looks too weak.
Ur better of betting.

mookboi
09-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I bet this all day.

If J didn't hit, and turn was like 2 of clubs or something, I would still fire again on turn. Lots of people love floating your cbet, especially 4 handed. He could have anything here, from AQ to 88 to a set. I keep firing on turn, because

a) He folds a lot of crap here to 2nd barrel. Fold equity, yay.
b) Our hand might still be best, and we are getting value.
c) If our hand isn't best, we have a good draw.
d) If we check, quite often he bets, if he's aggressive, and we are put in a difficult spot.

If he raises us, depending on amount, I reevaluate. However, against unknown, until I get a read, I'm firing with this hand &amp; board.

markuisis
09-20-2007, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet this all day.

If J didn't hit, and turn was like 2 of clubs or something, I would still fire again on turn. Lots of people love floating your cbet, especially 4 handed. He could have anything here, from AQ to 88 to a set. I keep firing on turn, because

a) He folds a lot of crap here to 2nd barrel. Fold equity, yay.
b) Our hand might still be best, and we are getting value.
c) If our hand isn't best, we have a good draw.
d) If we check, quite often he bets, if he's aggressive, and we are put in a difficult spot.

If he raises us, depending on amount, I reevaluate. However, against unknown, until I get a read, I'm firing with this hand &amp; board.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing though, I don't necessarily want him to fold his crap here since I'm missing value, if he's behind, the only hand I'm really worried about giving free cards to is j-8, the others probabaly don't have many outs. By checking the turn and then betting a blank river, I think I get a lot more calls from hands with a ten and maybe a nine. If I bet and he raises me, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be behind, if I bet and he folds, I'm missing value. I think that those r the two most likely scenarios, I don't c many hands in his range which would flatcall my bet except for maybe a reluctant ten - so by betting, I'm usually gonna be scaring away worse hands or digging a hole against better hands. In the end, I opted to c/c since that allows him to bluff if he floated and disguises my hand for a possible river value bet, however, I don't know if this is the right line as I think his betting range includes more hands which have me beat than vice-versa

markuisis
09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
I do think that betting makes the hand easier to play as my hand is more defined and its less likely he's fooling around, but just because the hand will be easier to play doesn't mean that a bet is the right move against his range, I'm still not sure what to do in these types of spots