PDA

View Full Version : 10 NL - JJ 4 bet pf.

Gospy
09-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $6.15
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $8.95
CO: $5.85
BTN: $9.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.30</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.30</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.10

Flop: ($4.90) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $1.00 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $4.90 ($0.45 Rake)

Ok never played this guy before, so no reads. Um, this seems like an easy 3 bet to me, but after his min 4 bet I feel like I can't fold, but at the same time I feel like most players won't 4 bet without JJ+, AK, so I am playing for a set here, but not getting odds. Should I fold pf to his 4b, or just play it like I did, or cbet?

Edukashun
09-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Bump.
I'd lean towards folding PF even though that seems weak.
Thoughts?

Gospy
09-20-2007, 10:15 PM
When I was playing, I actually lead toward folding pf too. I thought basically if his hand range is JJ+, AK, then I'm at best a coinflip and crushed most likely, and I can't shove, so my hand is being played for set value only. Bluffing is unlikely post flop cause he obviously likes his hand, so again, I think I'm playing strictly for set value and we are not deep enough to do that. The more I think about it the more I think I should have just folded pf and found a better spot. The minraise is just kinda frustrating.

RichAM
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
well gospy ... u kinda answered your question with that second answer lol ... if u thought u should fold preflop and yet you still call ... i think your playing for set, but that $1 bet looks so enticing to call ... if he is going to let you see a showdown that cheap then i take it and hope to hit a J

Edukashun
09-20-2007, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The minraise is just kinda frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT