PDA

View Full Version : Wife surprised me w/trip to Vegas. Help me, Micro... (NC)

Kasane
09-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Mods, please move if necessary. I just couldn't think of a better place to get advice for what I'm asking than my beloved micro forum.

Wife surprised me last night with a trip to Vegas starting tomorrow. Had no idea she had this planned, so I've done almost no research and will have little time to do any before we leave.

What limits and where are the best places for a winning micro player to play?

I've got a 1.5k blow-it-all br (separate from my online br). Late Friday night to late Sunday night. I'm staying at the Luxor (aaargh, but whatever).

I'd love to play some cash games and one small tourney. Bellagio's Saturday tourney is a bit steep (1k), and the Sunday is a bit close ($500, but if I play cash and I'm ahead, I'd go for it.) I don't know how late these things run, though.

I haven't really been to Vegas to play since I quit the whole semi-pro blackjack thing 10+ years ago, so I'm at a bit of a loss...

jkkkk
09-20-2007, 05:59 PM
If you're looking for 1/2nl then I'd go to MGM/Wynn/Caesars/Venetian, they are probably the best poker rooms that spread 1/2 imo.

I think the smallest game I've ever seen running was in the stratosphere, they had a $1-1 game going and a .5-1, might be worth trying there if you're looking for something smaller. Bellagio is also an excellent card room but it only spreads 2/5 and upwards.

peterpjames
09-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't think I could even handle playing live full ring poker again after playing so much the last few months online...like 15 hands an hour, everybody limping, annoying people all around you...ugggh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pete

kaz2107
09-20-2007, 06:10 PM
bring something to occupy ur time. love poker is sooooo boring. i casnt help but play every hand.

llamage
09-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I was in the same situation last week. It was my first trip in vegas, and having only played 25 NL and 50 NL I was a bit hesistant to sit at a real table. My more experienced friends told me it was a breeze but I was still a little reluctant. Anyways, I only had 1.5 hours to play at the Venetian because I was going out a lot, and I played one hand for $60.

Let me tell you... THE PLAYERS ARE TERRIBLE. If you can beat 10 NL, 25 NL, the 1/2 tables are a piece of cake, and I'm sure you can do fine at the 2/5 tables also.

Concrete examples...
I raise JJ from CO to about $10. 2 Callers. Flop comes

7 8 9 Rainbow. I pot size it and BOTH callers call...
turn is a 6. I check, and both players check, then we all check through to the river. One guy had AK, other guy had like Q4 or some [censored] random.

Also, some old lady called two all ins trying to catch an ace high flush...crazy people i tell you.

You'll do fine.