View Full Version : 25nl AA on a coordinated flop

bored
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Villain is 25/3.3/1.4

Notes on him say:

25nl limp K6s OTB pf
25nl limp QT in CO; call bet KTT 2f flop; bet small turn blank;
check behind river J

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $11.30
BB: $73.65
UTG: $42.35
Hero (MP): $36.95
CO: $5.60
BTN: $43.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, SB calls $1.70

Turn: ($5.65) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.65) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.65</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $5.65 returned to SB

Pot Size: $5.65 ($0.25 Rake)

On the flop I fired a cbet and I decided to shut down if it was called. I think this flop hits his range really hard and my one pair isn't likely to be good if he calls.

Also, I know from previous hands that Villain is passive and I think that he could have 2 pair or a one card straight on the turn, and he could be bluffing on the river after it gets counterfeited. However, I don't think putting any more money in after the flop got called is a good idea.

How did I do?

kurto
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
though it is a prime bluffing opportunity, this player doesn't seem a big bluffer.

You basically have to call a potsized bet where the best you can do is split...

I really don't mind the fold.

Logun
09-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Horrible spot.

He needs a J to beat you. But other than AJ, I'm not sure what J he might have out of the SB. How many hands do you have on him?

wow.

I might be weak for folding but I might also be a donk for calling for only 1/2 the pot

bored
09-20-2007, 04:54 PM
300 or so hands on Villain.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kurto
09-20-2007, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Horrible spot.

He needs a J to beat you. But other than AJ, I'm not sure what J he might have out of the SB. How many hands do you have on him?

wow.

I might be weak for folding but I might also be a donk for calling for only 1/2 the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

I guy who plays 25% of all hands will quite often call 10J from any position. I see it every night. People love 10J.

JereLock
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Horrible spot.

wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

newbie question: a 5 won't win it with the straight?

akak
10-01-2007, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Horrible spot.

wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

newbie question: a 5 won't win it with the straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ten hitting on the river made the 56789 straight obsolete.