PDA

View Full Version : $20NL Home Game - Semi-Bluff Shove Against two LAPs

BigNads79
09-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Home Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed)

Hero (~$60)
Button (x)
SB (~$50)
BB (~$20)
UTG (x)
MP (x)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Jh, Jc.
2 folds, hero raises $0.60, Button folds, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.80) 7h, 6h, 5h (3 players)
SB bets $5.00, BB raises to $10.00, Hero reraises all-in

SB and BB were very loose aggressive betting into all kinds of draws and making pure bluffs all night (this hand happened after 3 hours of play). My image was semi-tight aggressive. My logic was their was range was very wide - over pair to the board (but less than JJ), top pair, made straight, small made flush, A or K flush draw, a set or nothing. I figured SB was deep enough to fold a better flush draw and the BB didn't have a better flush draw or else he would have just called. My image was tight enough that I thought they'd put me on a high flush and both fold. I figured if was called by a set, a straight, or a small flush, I'd have outs.

Spurious
09-20-2007, 04:21 PM
BB invested his half stack so he's serious. SB overbet the pot heavily.
I got the feeling we are behind right now, but i dont know if our draw is good.

BigNads79
09-20-2007, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB invested his half stack so he's serious. SB overbet the pot heavily.
I got the feeling we are behind right now, but i dont know if our draw is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be behind, but what I am way behind? A made higher flush, a straight flush (both of which check that flop all day every day) and a pair higher than jacks with a heart (unlikely based on preflop action). As I said, I don't think BB makes a minraise with a higher flush draw and even if he does, I'm slightly ahead of that.

I primarily thought I just had huge fold equity against these two because they hadn't seen me make an all-in bluff all night. And what where my other options? Calling would be setting myself up to get all in with the SB on the turn, which I didn't want and I thought folding with my perceived equity in the pot was also foolish.

kurto
09-20-2007, 06:29 PM
they're not LAPs if they're being aggressive post flop all night. That makes them LAGS.

BB has half his stack in... you think he's on a complete bluff?

I don't like it. If you're behind you may be drawing nearly dead.

BigNads79
09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
To me, LAP means "loose aggressive player", so I apologize if I'm using the wrong terminology.

I didn't put the BB on a complete bluff, but a vulnerable made hand. A hand that he could possibly fold if he thought he was drawing dead or near-dead and a hand that I would have outs against if he called. If he had pushed all-in, I would have folded because then I would have had had no fold-equity at all. Part of this decision was made because of my image. I didn't think they thought I was capable of pushing with less than a 10-high flush or so. Also, this player had been losing all night and had re bought twice by this point, so I didn't think he wanted to lose another big hand, thus increasing my fold equity.