PDA

View Full Version : QQ - Over pair on flop. Line check.

dmoney
09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
50max on Party.

Villain is about 20/5/1 over a couple hundred hands. We have never tangled.

Seat 5: HERO ( $56.08 USD )
Seat 2: Villain ( $55.22 USD )
Seat 1: Who cares ( $19.27 USD )
Seat 3: I don't care ( $34.07 USD )
Seat 6: Do you care ( $14 USD )
Seat 4: He cares ( $50 USD )

Holecards: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain raises $2, 1 caller and Folds to me and I call.

A vast majority of the time I 3 bet here but i wanted to flop big and play a big pot in position.

Flop:
[J /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Villain bets $7 Caller folds, I call.

Turn:
[7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

Villain checks, I bet $12.25, Villain calls.

River:
[9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Villain checks, Hero checks.

Does anyone think this is a good line?

Agent57
09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
I really think it is a mandatory raise preflop as it helps you avoid tricky decisions and gets extra value in, when you are in all likelyhood ahead and you really want to play premium pairs HU. as played i like the check behind on the river as i dont think anyone that tight is paying you off often enough with worse hands to make a value bet worth it when you have such great showdown value

dmoney
09-20-2007, 01:53 PM
What do you think about the turn bet? and its size!

Agent57
09-20-2007, 02:06 PM
I like the turn bet. his check shows he is probably behind your QQ so you may get some value from AJ,KJ type hands while protecting yourself vs AK,KQ and if you get check raised it looks fairly simple fold. It looks to me as there is about $20 in the pot so i would bet about 15-16 as it just looks a bit more serious to me, and that is what i would bet with a set/2 pair so i could comfortably push the river. but i suppose 12.50 is ok too

Rounder101
09-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Turn bet is absolutely good.
But, the problem with this hand is flat calling PF, you have to 100% 3b this here.
Im also checking the river, because I have no idea where Im at, easily AJ, but easily set of tens, or pocket 8s

bsball8806
09-20-2007, 02:27 PM
don't get tricky preflop, just bet like everyone else says.

i value bet the river after i'm checked to, however. it seems like a +EV play to me. I think most 2pr/sets are raising us on the turn, whereas there is a decent chance AJ/KJ pays off a 1/2 pot bet or so.

dmoney
09-20-2007, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to 100% 3b this here.

[/ QUOTE ]

well lets not get out of hand here. I never do anything 100% of the time. i 3 bet 97.5343% of the timebut this time i felt all the factors made me decided to call. His very small opening range, a caller in between, and me having the button. If i flop a set i can very easily win a huge pot here.

monkover
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well lets not get out of hand here. I never do anything 100% of the time. i 3 bet 97.5343% of the timebut this time i felt all the factors made me decided to call. His very small opening range, a caller in between, and me having the button. If i flop a set i can very easily win a huge pot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious... which factors made you call?

dmoney
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All 3 of them. When someone who only raises 5% of his hands raises early, i'm not looking to get it all in preflop with him usually. Super nit raises, another loose passive player calls so i decided to call in position.

I want to flop big and get someones stack or keep the pot small enough that i'm not going to get stacked if he has AA or KK when the board is all rags.

Does everyone really think building a huge pot vs a guy with 5% PFR stats is a good idea?

dmoney
09-20-2007, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't get tricky preflop, just bet like everyone else says.

i value bet the river after i'm checked to, however. it seems like a +EV play to me. I think most 2pr/sets are raising us on the turn, whereas there is a decent chance AJ/KJ pays off a 1/2 pot bet or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ and KJ arn't even in his raising range man. Why are you assigning him those hands. 5% of hands is TT+ and AQs+ around there. and AQ is pushing it i think. I think his hand is way more weighted after turn call to AA or KK then anything else. Seems scared of a set but still wants to see showdown.

monkover
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All 3 of them. When someone who only raises 5% of his hands raises early, i'm not looking to get it all in preflop with him usually. Super nit raises, another loose passive player calls so i decided to call in position.

I want to flop big and get someones stack or keep the pot small enough that i'm not going to get stacked if he has AA or KK when the board is all rags.

Does everyone really think building a huge pot vs a guy with 5% PFR stats is a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really donīt agree with the stuff you wrote here.
1) a loose passive guy came along? thatīs why you didnīt want to raise? thatīs plain stupid. his range is huge so you wonīt really know where youīre at postflop
2) 3beting against a nit preflop is madatory b/c you wonīt end up stacking yourself with QQ vs. AA
3) you wanted to flop big? wtf are you playing QQ for set value?