PDA

View Full Version : TT on J high flop - No idea where I am

dmoney
09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Effective stacks are 50$ @ 50Max on Party.

Villain literally just sat down at the table, PAHUD hadn't even displayed any stats for him yet.

We are 4 handed.

I am dealt T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif on the Button.

I open to 2$ Villain is in SB and calls. BB folds.

Flop J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Villain donk leads into me for $4.50 pretty quickly.

Turn is 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain fires $15.50 almost immediately. Hero?

I will give my thought process throughout the hand after i get some feedback.

panda
09-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Fold to the flop bet against an unknown.

If he does donk like this often then you can reraise, especially on this kind of board, with any 2. Just calling this bet is pretty ugly imo. His hand either beats yours and he's gonna have a tough time laying any part of this flop down or its air.

dmoney
09-20-2007, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think folding on flop is super weak? I see so many players donk betting into PFR w/ underpairs and just general garbage.

I think calling probably gets max value out of alot of hands like 99,88,22-66. They usually check turn, then i can decide if i want to check behind which usually induces a bluff on the river from them. Also people play jacks this way as well, so i get that extra bluff bet out of people on river with underpairs and lose less vs a pair of jacks when they have that.

Agent57
09-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I like re raising the donk bet on the flop to around 12-13. People love to CR their really good hands so you have a good chance to get him to fold the weaker hands and if he doesn't you know you can safely check down/fold and will know exactly how he plays that situation for the future

09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
why do you call him donkish w/o stats?

panda
09-20-2007, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why do you call him donkish w/o stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

A donk bet is leading into the preflop raiser.

panda
09-20-2007, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think folding on flop is super weak? I see so many players donk betting into PFR w/ underpairs and just general garbage.

I think calling probably gets max value out of alot of hands like 99,88,22-66. They usually check turn, then i can decide if i want to check behind which usually induces a bluff on the river from them. Also people play jacks this way as well, so i get that extra bluff bet out of people on river with underpairs and lose less vs a pair of jacks when they have that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you've assigned an unknown a very generous range for this spot. Seriously, get at least some line on his play or style before calling this in the hope you're ahead of about half his range.

panda
09-20-2007, 02:07 PM
sorry, thats a rubbish post above. I shouldn't play and post.

I'll give a much better reply when I'm done stacking donks.

CobraGoat
09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
no reads, this is a fold. if it were a microbet id reraise and go from there.