PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - 99 Overpair vs raise

foal
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $24.80
Hero (BB): $47.05
UTG: $26.05
CO: $33.95
BTN: $3.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $5.00</font>, [i]Hero ?

Ikaika
09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Blech why did you lead such a dry flop...just c/c.

mvdgaag
09-19-2007, 07:39 PM
yeah, just c/c... As played you have to fold if he's not very agressive.

shoxbb6
09-19-2007, 08:00 PM
if you donk, have a plan

Sean Fraley
09-19-2007, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you donk, have a plan

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much tells you all you need to know.

CruS
09-19-2007, 08:19 PM
I see no reason to donk this flop,
what kind of plan do you mean shox?
or are you just saying he should not donk here?

RichAM
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
donking me gets you 3-bet ... like this guy got

if u wanted a call ... why not just c/r this guy and if u get any more aggression you know where you are and can fold

i think check/calling here is weak b/c what is your plan on the later streets when the bets get bigger or an AKQ or J hit?

check/raising here seems like the only possible way to know where you are in the hand

foal
09-20-2007, 08:27 PM
I bet (is an oop near pot sized bet really a "donk"? not familiar with that, I thought it just meant a minbet), because I figured to have the best hand and didn't want to give a free card. I guess I should have assumed he would c-bet (can't remember if I looked at his cbet stats or not).

Looking at it now I think c/r is the best plan if he c-bets a lot and betting out is best if he's passive (but folding to raise).

I suck at playing OOP apparently.

foal
09-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Also, can someone explain this:
[ QUOTE ]

Blech why did you lead such a dry flop...just c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it because on a dry flop he's likely to try to steal?

UptownExpress
09-20-2007, 08:32 PM
no i like this line alot. just fold to his flop raise, and take a note.

foal
09-20-2007, 09:06 PM
can I get any more opinions on this (hopefully with reasoning included)? there seems to be some difference of opinion.

mookboi
09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
The main reason I would not donk this flop, and go for a check/call, or check/raise is because our hand is actually decent.

If I had something like A5, or 44, I would donk this flop almost every single time. Because if he raises, I would be able to get away from my hand pretty easily. I might even donk with two overcards.

However, since our hand IS and overpair, and I would have trouble folding to a raise, like you are having now, I would opt for probably check raising. CR is a pretty strong line, and unless the villain has a higher pair, or definitely has us beat, I don't see him continuing if he is a decent player.

However, if you have no stats on him, and don't know if he's decent, you might go for check/call, since he'll call your CR with like AQ anyway. Reevaluate on turn, and I often donk a blank turn, because he's not going to raise the turn with nothing, even if he's pretty much a drooler.

The problem I have with people saying fold as played, is that it's just so weak. We have a decent hand, and granted we are OOP, the villain IS a CO PFR, and I know that if I was in his spot, I am raising a flop donk here with a really wide range, I'm talking like AJ. Simply because people donk/fold so often. I don't see us folding this after he raises, so I don't donk in the first place. However, as played, I think 3betting and calling are both options I'm not happy about, but will be forced to take, since folding is meh.

foal
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM
thanks, I think you explained it well

Hail Eris
09-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Really bad spot to donk the flop. Either C/R or C/C and lead the turn. Most people cbet this flop, and many will raise your lead with ATC here.