PDA

View Full Version : math riddle 2

mroels
03-02-2006, 12:31 AM
I just remembered this one from high school...some of you probably heard it already so don't ruin it for those who haven't.

Bear hunter starts from point A and walks 3 miles due East to point B. At point B he finds a bear heading north. Hunter follows the bear for 2 miles due North till he reaches point C where he shoots the bear. Now the bear is wounded and starts walking due West. After 1 mile, at point D, the bear finally drops and dies. At this time the hunter drags the bear 2 miles south to arrive back at point A. What type of bear did the hunter kill?

chrisnice
03-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Care Bear

Taraz
03-02-2006, 01:39 AM
<font color="white"> Polar Bear. The only way this works is if the 2 miles he goes north crosses the north pole after the first mile.</font>

Answer in white.

Meromorphic
03-02-2006, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Care Bear

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/a55hat.aspx?cid=43

mroels
03-02-2006, 01:45 AM
Taraz,

<font color="white"> He doesn't have to cross the north pole in order for this to work. In fact it wouldn't work because if he's moving north for 2 miles and crosses the north pole after 1, and he continues str8 for the 2nd mile he'd automatically be moving south. So if the hunter crosses the north pole and moves south from point D he'd actually be moving away from point A because he's going south on the wrong side of the north pole </font>

Meromorphic
03-02-2006, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> Polar Bear. The only way this works is if the 2 miles he goes north crosses the north pole after the first mile.</font>

Answer in white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joke in white: <font color="white">

Q: What's a rectangular bear?

A: A polar bear after a coordinate transform...</font>

Yuk yuk yuk.

chrisnice
03-02-2006, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Care Bear

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, have no heart. What have the Care-bears ever done but bring happiness and joy to anyones life?

Prodigy54321
03-02-2006, 04:09 AM
then what's the answer?

mroels
03-02-2006, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
then what's the answer?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can peek at people's responses but wouldn't it make you feel good to just figure it out yourself?

Prodigy54321
03-02-2006, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
then what's the answer?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can peek at people's responses but wouldn't it make you feel good to just figure it out yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, my brain hurts when I stay in this forum for too long...that's why I took a break...2 weeks vacation in OOT and I'll be back /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

r3vbr
03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
160 care bears killed on first try
how were your scores? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

kyro
03-02-2006, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Answer is white.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH