PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - KK on scary looking board against LAG

VLV
09-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Villain is 34/11/5 over 110 hands.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $53.20
BB: $25.60
Hero (UTG): $24.65
BTN: $20.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($1.95) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $7.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($15.95) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, Hero ???

I'm guessing I either have to push or fold?

flameboy
09-16-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm folding this on the turn. 1/2 pot donkbet + minraise + 1/3 pot on the turn smells like a jack to me. If he's going crazy with a ten or an OESD you'll get your money back sooner rather than later anyway.

AFCBeer
09-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I'd actually fold this to the flop reraise.

Onaflag
09-16-2007, 12:05 PM
You had a decision point on the flop and got it wrong. I would have put more in PF, but whatever. On the flop there is barely $2 in the pot and you have nearly $24 behind, villain covers you. That's a small pot.

What's the plan with the raise to $4? You already called the board scary so I assume you thought villain could have somehow connected and a J is certainly in his range somewhere as is a T which is a bit more likely. There are lots of hands you beat, a couple you don't, and several that can draw out.

If you're unsure of where you're at then try to keep the pot small. You could have done that by just calling his donk bet in an attempt to see a cheap showdown. Your raise, therefore must have been for information I'm guessing. Well, if that's the case, then he gave you the necessary information to fold.

Calling his reraise was horrible because now you have gotten yourself into a big pot and committed to the hand possibly unintentionally. Either way, there is $16 in the pot and you have $17 behind. This is no time to be wondering whether or not you're committed to the hand.

Folding in a big pot is bad bad bad and villain is telling you he has you crushed. Oops.

Keep the pot small or get out when you're lost. That's what I think anyway.

Onaflag.........

Kik
09-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I would fold on the flop reraise

CruS
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You had a decision point on the flop and got it wrong. I would have put more in PF, but whatever. On the flop there is barely $2 in the pot and you have nearly $24 behind, villain covers you. That's a small pot.

What's the plan with the raise to $4? You already called the board scary so I assume you thought villain could have somehow connected and a J is certainly in his range somewhere as is a T which is a bit more likely. There are lots of hands you beat, a couple you don't, and several that can draw out.

If you're unsure of where you're at then try to keep the pot small. You could have done that by just calling his donk bet in an attempt to see a cheap showdown. Your raise, therefore must have been for information I'm guessing. Well, if that's the case, then he gave you the necessary information to fold.

Calling his reraise was horrible because now you have gotten yourself into a big pot and committed to the hand possibly unintentionally. Either way, there is $16 in the pot and you have $17 behind. This is no time to be wondering whether or not you're committed to the hand.

Folding in a big pot is bad bad bad and villain is telling you he has you crushed. Oops.

Keep the pot small or get out when you're lost. That's what I think anyway.

Onaflag.........

[/ QUOTE ]

good post, I agree with everything you said

Kingz22
09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
This might be the donkiest reply, but I would be like ALL IN MOFO LET'S SEE IT /images/graemlins/smile.gif

monkover
09-16-2007, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This might be the donkiest reply, but I would be like ALL IN MOFO LET'S SEE IT /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thatīs prob why you only have 7 posts and are going to be busto quite soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif
and if you play at ft please sit at my tables...

jmgambler
09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Onaflag did a spot on assesment here IMHO, either call the flop bet or Fold to the reraise, your crushed/dead in the water is he making this $7 with a T or QK? I doubt it.
Calling his reraise is just awful...get out NOW I love his little 33% Pot size value bet on the Turn .... he probably has JTs/TT loving this..... as played I fold the turn

VLV
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks on flag, great post. I totally understand how I stuffed this.

I actually pushed and he folded which was extremely lucky for me.