PDA

View Full Version : How often.....

Zarathustra888
01-05-2006, 04:44 PM
do you take sickening beats?

Once a day? Twice? Three-times? I'm talking no more than 4 outs and all the money goes in.

I've pains in my chest, better take a rest now. I thought I knew how sick this game is but I must have much more of this crap in store for me. Now I know why I set myself a 30 buyin rule, jesus those fish have divine protection or something. I don't know.

If you hate bad beats look away now: (they are in white)
<font color="white">
AQ vs A9. board is AAJT and I checkraise villian allin. River a nine
55 vs 65. board is A65T and villian merrily calls the allin to catch a six on the river
KK vs A6. board is 272 and villian reraise my flop bet allin, I call and villian rivers an ace. I think s/he had a runner-runner flush draw here, bless 'em.

Not a bad beat, my J9/images/graemlins/spade.gif turns a flush against another mans Q6/images/graemlins/spade.gif when allin. arse.
</font>

And I played them well imho. Damn well, tricked three players into putting all their money in with the worst hand by far.

I now sympathise with all bad beat posters. A little more. Obviously my pain is more painful than your pain, but I feel a little of it.

How long does it take to destroy all emotion resulting from events concerning poker and money?

hitMySet
01-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Dont worry about results...worry about decisions. I know it doesnt make the money back, but youll see the other side of these more often. Your whole life is one giant poker session, and over enough hands, you get the same cards as everyone else. The decisions you make every time the action is to you is what determines how much $ you will make.

prohornblower
01-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Always realize that better players will get sucked out on more than bad players.

This is because good players rarely get money in with the worst hand/draw.

Such is life. If you are getting bad-beaten more than you are giving, then you know you are doing something right.

Thank you for your time.

jmillerdls
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I have played 39 tournaments today. I have had another person dominated with A high lose 6 times (i.e. AK vs. AT, AQ vs. AJ), and I've lost once with AA vs. KJ when they hit a flush...so, today has really sucked.

Eaglebauer
01-05-2006, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have played 39 tournaments today. I have had another person dominated with A high lose 6 times (i.e. AK vs. AT, AQ vs. AJ), and I've lost once with AA vs. KJ when they hit a flush...so, today has really sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how that feels, I lost two tourneys last weekend that made me want to quit. First not that bad as I lost with KK vs. 10-10... he hits another 10. Standard. But then much much worse-- AA vs. A7.... cards come K-10-6-8-9, giving him a straight.

kurto
01-06-2006, 02:59 AM
I play small stakes NL cash games and SNGS... I turned a $300 buyin into $4000 over the course of a year playing $25 tables. I actually think I'm better now at playing tournys and such then I was a year ago. Yet... I've consistantly lost tournys for the last 3 MONTHS. I posted a bad beat post earlier talking about 1 night where I lost 6 out of 6 tournys, in every case going in with the best hand... and 2 of them losing to donks calling all their money with inside straight draws.

I have to say...after ranting this morning, tonight was the first night in 3 months where good play was rewarded. I played 4 PL08 tournys and finished 1 1st place and 2 2nd places. (and went out 5th in the last). Then I sat at 3 LO8 .5/1 tables and stopped after making 36BB.

That still doesn't make up for the last 3 months... but hopefully its a sign of things to come.

So... don't get too down until the suckouts continue for longer then 2 months! /images/graemlins/grin.gif