PDA

View Full Version : .01/.02 KK pre-flop vs straight and flush draw

KrazyMike
09-15-2007, 07:06 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($2.62)
SB ($3.68)
Hero ($3.91)
UTG ($1.66)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, SB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.20) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.60) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.24</font>, SB calls $0.24.

River: ($1.08) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.56</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.12</font>, Hero calls $0.56.

Final Pot: $3.32

The villain appears to be loose. I feel that my flop-onward bets were undersized, but I'm not sure what my appropriate bets would be. I'm thinking that I should have made a pot sized bet on the flop.

At the turn, should I generally place a player on a straight draw ? If so, is a pot sized bet appropriate, or should I push him all in? Or am I worried that he made a straight or flush and is trying to set me up on the river?

I'm confused with the play of a high pocket pair when a coordinated board comes on the flop when a loose player is in the pot. Perhaps with a loose player, in this situation, I should just shove on the flop?

icheckcallu
09-15-2007, 07:07 AM
pot bet flop.. rereraise.. fold if he shoves

as played i just check fold turn... this is a marginal situation

KrazyMike
09-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Given a pot sized raise on the flop and a reraise by him, how should I size my rereraise? For example, if he reraises by the new pot size, should I then rereraise by this new pot size?

Is the general idea of this that we want to make it expensive for him to chase draws, but if he shoves we assume we are already beaten and at least save ourselves future bets?

What if on our rereraise, he raises yet again, but does not shove? Should I still fold (assuming it is some sizeable raise)? I am thinking that I would still assume I am beaten and he is just trying to extract the maximum amount of money out of me.

Nemesis69
09-15-2007, 08:12 AM
I pot the flop. I also bet turn (3/4 pot I think) and fold to a raise.

On the river I would make a blocking bet or c/c, depends on villian.

[ QUOTE ]
pot bet flop.. rereraise.. fold if he shoves

as played i just check fold turn... this is a marginal situation

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just 4 handed. I think villian will stick around with a lot of worse hands.

freeucm
09-15-2007, 08:14 AM
check fold turn, nothing wrong with firing on flop and calling his flop min bet what are ya going to do but this is like a popcorn bet, once u eat one piece of popcorn u gotta eat more, then all of the sudden they fire on more but u did the firing this time which was bad especially when the scare card hits, u gotta check fold after this.

I mean its too much for me to say fold to his flop min bet with KK lol.

robsmith82
09-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Im reraising the flop.

As played check behind on the turn and call a small bet on the river. Fold to a pot sized bet. This is the sort of situation where I dont want to be in a big pot, and will give a free card to draws to keep it small because i could already be way behind.