PDA

View Full Version : A heads up NL hand with a disaster turn....what to do guys?

Damani311
09-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Honestly...b/c it's heads up I really don't want to put him on having one of the other two jacks...but he did lead right out, after calling a raise preflop and on the flop.....still I just don't know when it's right to dump top pair top kicker, so do i take this one to showdown?

Sorry no read he mysteriously doesn't get statted...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $11.70
BB: $24.05
Hero (BTN): $24.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($1.95) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.95) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

River: ($10.95) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.50</font>, Hero ???

freeucm
09-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Folds River, worst river card..u can even fold turn.

Lego05
09-15-2007, 06:32 AM
I have no [censored] clue. You got any read or anything?

I call cause I gt TPTK on a very drawy board, it's cheap, and at the vey least I see his cards so I have more info for next time.

jonni999
09-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Fold river.

tmcdmck
09-15-2007, 06:50 AM
I think i am calling, it is rare to see most people lead the turn at this level without momentum and with trips.

catoandtonic
09-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Why are we considering a fold on river? This seems like a standard call.

Reads would help, but without some notes that specifically say "Calls with 2nd pair/then dnks turn/bets less than half pot on river." Why would we ever fold???

icheckcallu
09-15-2007, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly...b/c it's heads up I really don't want to put him on having one of the other two jacks...but he did lead right out, after calling a raise preflop and on the flop.....still I just don't know when it's right to dump top pair top kicker, so do i take this one to showdown?

Sorry no read he mysteriously doesn't get statted...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $11.70
BB: $24.05
Hero (BTN): $24.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($1.95) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.95) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

River: ($10.95) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.50</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]
snap call.. i raise the turn here often

kokiri
09-15-2007, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are we getting value from if we raise the turn?

zero chance i fold the river.

freeucm
09-15-2007, 09:13 AM
yeah i mean he cant have the jack, i mean if he has the jack and were calling river why not just get it all on turn. lol

i love this game

SirFelixCat
09-15-2007, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i mean he cant have the jack, i mean if he has the jack and were calling river why not just get it all on turn. lol

i love this game

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that the vast majority of replies are pretty horrible down here, but you're doing this here and in the SS forum. Please stop. Really. You're just going to mess up people and it's just really bad schtick (at least I hope it is for your sake). Mods, can we do something here?

As for the hand, I'm AT LEAST calling this river. There is merit to raising the turn as well, but calling the turn is not bad. We are ahead of most villains range here, not to mention having the redraw, so either/or.

But the river is a super easy call.

SirFelixCat
09-15-2007, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are we getting value from if we raise the turn?

zero chance i fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

A worse Q, any straight or flush draw. A huge range is calling the raise here. Calling isn't bad, but raising is good as well.

ama0330
09-15-2007, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i love this game

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try and be constructive in the strat threads. If you can't add any useful analysis to the thread, just wait and let the others thrash it out. Feel free to let it all out in the 'brew.

ama0330
09-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Also call the river, but I wouldn't raise here. He's offerinng you pretty good odds for a showdown.