PDA

View Full Version : This is one of those....

kurto
09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
$25 Full Tilt table.

I have approx $35 and villain has over $100.

Villain is a Loose Passive Aggressive. One of those 70/20/4 types. He does steal a lot but also has been hitting a lot. He has made his stack with a combitionat of stealing, hitting a lot of draw and overbetting medium to strong hands and getting called down (too) lightly due to his image.

Despite the stats and some questionable draws... he doesn't appear a complete idiot.

I have been playing TAGish.

Anywho.... Villain is UTG and limps. I raise to $1 from the button with AA. Villain calls.

Flop: KKx
Villain checks.... I c bet $2. Villain Calls.
Turn: KKKx
Villain checks. I bet $4. Villain instantly calls???
River: some rag.
Villain checks... I probably should check but I can't help but think there's some value to be had here... so I bet 2/3 pot.

Villain pushes.

I was torn between:
CALL because:
* his insane stats and
* there's only one card in the deck that he has to have to beat me
* he checked the river
FOLD
* my image is strong... I've shown strength 3 streets... can he really be bluffing here?
* I've seen countless players pay him off because they think he never has it...

Can I fold here? Can I call here? If I could go back in time, do I have to check that river?

Quester
09-14-2007, 04:50 PM
In order: Snap call, fist pump, bang head against table when you see the K, reload, grab beer.

ama0330
09-14-2007, 04:52 PM
come on man, call. quads dont exist vs players this loose. easy call, congratulate him if he got lucky.

Milky
You can't fold here. And no, don't check river. Your hand is good 90+% of the time here... villain could have any PP or one of the x/rag hands, plus you're committed with your river bet if I did the maths correctly.

bsball8806
only the fourth king beats you. call, and expect to see Ax( x being whatever card came along with the kings on the flop).

kurto
09-14-2007, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
come on man, call. quads dont exist vs players this loose. easy call, congratulate him if he got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually berated at the table for not checking the river.

For you to say I have to call here... don't you have to assume that the guy shuts his brain off completely?

Is it your contention that you think he is bluffing here and expects me to fold despite me betting 3 streets?

cjp010
09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Ive had the same hand vs the same kind of maniac with AA and JJ on flop J on turn and he pushed when a T hit on the river with 8-10off which he called a huge bet preflop with. This is an easy call and if he got lucky so be it.

jjb108
09-14-2007, 06:10 PM
You've put in enough that you can't lay this down as villain could have either paired his rag, had any other random PP which he's playing as the nuts (like TT), or picked up a FD on the rag turn.

Have you folded to pressure at the table, say like c/f after a C-bet? If so, even more reason to call.

Sorry you lost to quadzilla.

I do favor a check on the river to induce a bluff or worse PP to bet.

mackthefork
09-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I think I call, you have about $18 behind getting nearly 3-1 on the call, and I think he has a good chance of doing this with hands other than the KX more than 30$ of the time, with stats like that.

Regards Mack