PDA

View Full Version : A few hands from 10NL

JH1
09-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I normally play 25NL full ring, but I am trying out 6 max because I've heard that it can be much more profitable so I thought I'd start at 10NL. So I had some hands that I wasn't sure what to do with and I thought I'd post them. I've also included my PT stats for this session if anyone has comments about those:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/hildebrand_3/10NL.jpg

Hand 1: Villain is 60/25/7 not many reads except I think he's 3-betting me light a few times, I've only seen him show down 3 times with marginal hands in spots like this.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $10.85
BB: $2.35
UTG: $6.55
Hero (CO): $33.20
BTN: $7.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $7.90</font>, Hero calls $4.90

Hand 2: I don't know what to do against shortstackers. Should I just tighten up or is it correct to just raise them all in with any PP? Shortstacker has been getting it in PF or on the flop with AJ+ and PPs as low as 66.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $10.35
BB: $4.00
Hero (UTG): $9.40
CO: $20.45
BTN: $3.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $9.40</font>, BB calls all-in for $2.80
Uncalled bet of $5.40 returned to Hero

Hand 3: I flop the nuts and I am not very happy with my bet sizing on the flop and turn. I don't want to scare them away, but I want to bet enough to get it in by the river without the big overbet that I made while still getting value from draws. MP is 80/17/0.8.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $9.60
Hero (BB): $9.70
UTG: $20.10
MP: $11.80
CO: $10.50
BTN: $8.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.40) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.40</font>, MP calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, SB folds

Turn: ($1.60) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, MP calls $1.00, CO folds

River: ($3.60) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $8.20</font>, MP calls $3.20

Pot Size: $20.00 ($0.95 Rake)

dnord
09-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Hand 1: welcome to 6-max NL10. It's super profitable because fish like this are always streaming into the game. They still get dealt AA and KK but you can never feel bad about getting all-in against a 60/25 with AKs.

dnord
09-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Hand 2: even a call of the raise is sketchy. Getting all-in with 33 against ANY opponent isn't going to be long-term profitable. (PokerStove it.) This is why it's acceptable to limp UTG with these pairs, because his raise (to .30 or .50 or whatever his donkwatch is telling him to bet) can be called for set value. Totally okay to fold and I'm pretty sure I hate pushing all-in.

dnord
09-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Hand 3: bet sizing is pretty much by the book. How is PSB, 2/3 PSB, 2/3 PSB an overbetting line? I don't get it.

clowntable
09-14-2007, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: even a call of the raise is sketchy. Getting all-in with 33 against ANY opponent isn't going to be long-term profitable. (PokerStove it.) This is why it's acceptable to limp UTG with these pairs, because his raise (to .30 or .50 or whatever his donkwatch is telling him to bet) can be called for set value. Totally okay to fold and I'm pretty sure I hate pushing all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Disagreed.
1) Limping PP first in in 6 max is just horrible imo
2) Fold to the raise. You need to call 0.9 more thus need to make around 12x that to make the call profitable. Your stack is smaller than that -&gt; fold

Jamougha
09-14-2007, 03:24 PM
H1 yeah fine
H2 33 is too far behind almost any range that includes other pp's really, just fold to the reraise.
H3 Bet more on the turn and river, worry about getting value rather than scaring people away.

dnord
09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Limping PP first in in 6 max is just horrible imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll jump into the stickies and see if I understand why. I used to play like this but the more stickies I read the more I go back to playing a little more transparently to play these hands for set value / stacks.

JH1
09-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I've googled some strategies on shortstackers and they basically say to nit up against them. Shorstacker had just sat down and I didn't see that he was shortstacked until after I raised - you're right, still should have folded to the 3-bet according to pokerstove.

The nut straight hand, I thought that my turn bet looked weak, maybe that was a good thing to make it look like I was drawing. I was just thinking maybe betting closer to pot on turn would get me an extra $2-3 on the river if villain just had TP.

EDIT: in the OP I said I overbet the pot and I didn't, got it mixed up with another hand that I was going to post.

clowntable
09-14-2007, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Limping PP first in in 6 max is just horrible imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll jump into the stickies and see if I understand why. I used to play like this but the more stickies I read the more I go back to playing a little more transparently to play these hands for set value / stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
tl;dr =
1) I don't mind picking up the blinds with PPs, especially not oop. If I'm called I want the lead to take it down with a cbet or at least have a profitable situation because against most villains cbeting is just that
2) limp/calling reduces your range a lot and makes the hand pretty transparent

Raise the [censored] up post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=microplnl&amp;Number=7827947&amp; PHPSESSID=&amp;fpart=1#Post7827947)

p.s.: Of course it's situational and if you have a maniac with position on you limping SC and PP is ood because he'll raise you and you hopefully get to play HU vs him and can check/call him to the AI if you hit

JH1
09-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Clowntable, that is the post I was refering to in the OP by Tien, it's a good one. I was watching some 25NL tables and they seem to be 3-betting each other a lot more and not folding nearly as much to c-bets as at 10NL. Looks a little scary to me. What kind of adjustments do you have to make for 25NL?

Student Caine
09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Hand 1: Standard given your reads.

Hand 2: You need advice I cannot give. I don't think this is horrible, though given his range you are either a small favorite or a big dog.

I really think the key here is that you have shown a certain image to the table, and you need to be sure to exploit it later. Also, you have a short stack who is now deeper than he is used to playing - be sure to take advantage of this.

Hand 3: Flop bet is fine, turn bet should be slightly more imo. Maybe not pot, but like $1.20+...in fact if I am betting less than $1.20 it is going to be way less (like $.80) to induce a bluff. I once read a quote on 10NL that read "Bet more on more streets and they will call you". My experience is that either they have a hand or they don't, and when they do, the .20 is not gonna throw them off of it.