PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good play?

jasonfish11
09-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Villan is a huge fish and will call ANY bet with a flush draw. He will fold to almost all river bets when he misses too.

6 max

Hero CO ($5.38) T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP ($3.85)

MP calls .02 hero raises to .14, everyone folds MP calls.

Flop T /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP checks, Hero bets .28, MP calls. (I have seen this line from him a lot when he has a draw and figure he has either an OESD or a flush draw but hopefully not both).

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP checks, Hero pushes all in, MP calls.

I shoved because I know he WILL call with any draw. With this information is shoving the right play here? This worked and he did have the NFD but I wasnt sure if this was the best play. Should i have done something different? Or does the fact that I know he will call any bet and fold a missed draw on the river make this a good play.

What would yall have done knowing this information? For some reason my play just doesnt sit right with me even though it worked.

Appologies if this comes off as a stupid question Im just trying to learn as much as I can. I came from limit so the whole sizing my bet thing is new to me.

faarcyde
09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
If he is 100% calling with any sort of draw every single time, then yes of course this is a good play. If it was against a regular maniac though who calls all the way down with any top pair or draw, just pot it on every street unless a scare card hits.

Nicefingcatch
09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I think hes either calling you down here with 89 which is a already made straight for him or just on the heart flush draw. But I like your push here, even if he made his straight you got outs and your not losing that much money if you do.

Milky
09-14-2007, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think hes either calling you down here with 89 which is a already made straight for him or just on the heart flush draw. But I like your push here, even if he made his straight you got outs and your not losing that much money if you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't have a straight w/89, and yes this is a super easy push if you know he'll call w/any draw.