PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush, paired board

Gorvacofin
09-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $5.55
BB: $5.83
UTG: $9.62
MP: $2.61
CO: $9.86
Hero (BTN): $8.69

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.30</font>, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.25, MP folds

Flop: ($0.97) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.35</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.67) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.65</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.10</font>

Pot Size: $5.42

Villain was tight and trappy. This looked worryingly like a FH to me. Should I fold my nut flush?

FreddyT87
09-14-2007, 01:04 PM
villain was tight so he raises with 45/47? i dont think so. this could be an overpair with a heart, A4 whatever. i call and get my money in on river.

Mundy
09-14-2007, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain was tight so he raises with 45/47? i dont think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

or 44/55/77...

YouTiltMe
09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
What's the point of calling the flop bet then folding when you hit your nut flush? You should decide whether or not you want to continue with the hand on the flop. In this case I shove the turn, he's pot committed.

Genesis
09-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Villain was not PFR, he could have a very wide range.

I think you should push here. You called the flop hoping for your flush and got it. Plus you made a small turn bet to entice action and got it. Now push and see what happens. You certainly could be behind, but you could also be against trip 4s or a smaller flush as well.

You're No Daisy
09-14-2007, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain was tight so he raises with 45/47? i dont think so. this could be an overpair with a heart, A4 whatever. i call and get my money in on river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain did not raise! But he could call a raise with 77/55/44 or a suited connector like 45/images/graemlins/spade.gif couldn't he? To answer the OP's question, you can fold here and wait for a better spot. If villain is at tight and trappy as you say he is, and is a solid player, find a new table to sit at. You want to play against bad players who play too many hands and over value marginal hands like bottom pair, etc. You won't get much out of a tight trappy player. Just my $.02

AC

You're No Daisy
09-14-2007, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain was not PFR, he could have a very wide range.

I think you should push here. You called the flop hoping for your flush and got it. Plus you made a small turn bet to entice action and got it. Now push and see what happens. You certainly could be behind, but you could also be against trip 4s or a smaller flush as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
The check raise all-in by villain on the turn indicates a very strong hand. Our hero is beating only 2 hands...a smaller flush or an all out bluff. If villain is as tight, as indicated by Hero, then why is he shoving with anything less than an Ace high flush. If villain is a thinking player, then he'd just call the $.65 bet by hero if he had trip fours because he's behind a flush and should keep the pot small. I think Hero needs to dump this hand.

AC

hockeyf
09-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Is this a joke thread? All-in and its not even close.

You're No Daisy
09-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Why is this an easy call for you, hockeyf? Is it because this is .02/.05?

Probably the only reason I'd call is because it's .02/.05. The reason I wouldn't call in this case is because villain is tight. OTOH, if I was up against a donk who played 50% or more of his hands I'd call. If he got dealt a BB special, well...here's my money sir [reload].

AC

hockeyf
09-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Its 5NL i felt every flush here. BB doesnt lead a flopped full or flopped trips that turned into a house on turn that often on this level. If you fold here give up the poker.

You're No Daisy
09-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Nick Lidstom rules!!

Jamougha
09-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Raise the flop, now get the money in. Fishies play any flush like this.

burthoovis
09-14-2007, 03:39 PM
HA ! HA !

I had 3h6h and you ate poo. Get over it already.

MUHAHAHAHAH !

You're No Daisy
09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HA ! HA !

I had 3h6h and you ate poo. Get over it already.

MUHAHAHAHAH !

[/ QUOTE ]
And we thought you were a tight nit, you son of a [censored] LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gedanken
09-14-2007, 04:55 PM
I was ready to join the all-in, no hesitation chorus until I noticed that it's a checkraise. Checkraises aren't to common at this level, so I can understand the hesitation to call it. Plus, he's holding back like $1, which seems like he wants a call, which is scary since a flush could only be to the K or less.

I think it's another flush often enough to call(shove), getting pretty good pot odds, unless you have a really solid read on this opponent. But I do think it's marginal.

You know what. In action I shove, but now I see the light. Since villain doesn't know where the ace is, he can't be giving away cards here so the checkraise, especially not all-in, is no bluff. He can beat our flush.

I don't think you should call your hand the nut flush, cause it ain't the nuts. That sort of linguistic sloppiness can actually mess up your thinking.

cb4mvp
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should call your hand the nut flush, cause it ain't the nuts. That sort of linguistic sloppiness can actually mess up your thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the nut flush. Not the nuts, but it's the nut flush on a paired board. His description of his hand is correct. And as for the hand, I would just get it in. He could have trips, he could have a smaller flush, he could have top pair, he could have a bunch of different hands that he thinks he really likes here. Get it in, if you are beat, it's unfortunate. Reload, next hand.

cb4mvp
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nick Lidstom rules!!

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

gedanken
09-14-2007, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the nut flush. Not the nuts, but it's the nut flush on a paired board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that lots of people use this jargon, I just don't like it, and don't use this term this way myself. I just think calling it nut-something confuses it with the nuts, when you need to be very careful about that. The language-processing circuits in my brain are too interrelated with the logic circuits.

If I could write the holdem dictionary, my entry for "nut flush" would specify that the board is not paired and straight flushes were not possible. I realize that I can't dictate the language (and that that's probably a good thing, generally).

ama0330
09-14-2007, 06:12 PM
No way I ever, ever fold this.

ama0330
09-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $58.85
BB: $48.63
UTG: $71.03
MP: $48.50
CO: $53.47
Hero (BTN): $49.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50

Turn: ($13.50) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $54.35</font>, BB folds, Hero calls all-in for $31.75
Uncalled bet of $9.60 returned to SB

River: ($106.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $106.50 ($3 Rake)

SB had 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a flush, King high) and LOST (-$49.25)
Hero had 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$54.25)