PDA

View Full Version : NL 50: Too Aggro with my TT?

Pokerdemic
09-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Villain has been at table for one orbit and he bought in short. I put in a huge overbet preflop because the entire table had been limp-calling WAY too much and I didn't want to play TT OOP in a multiway pot. So the 9xbb raise PF was mostly out of frustration. But I am primarily concerned with postflop. Do I have any FE when I bet the turn?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $19.30
Hero (BB): $71.75
UTG: $29.25
BTN: $25.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, UTG calls $4.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($10) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, UTG calls $9.00

Turn: ($28) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16.00</font>

Pot Size: $44.00

DaycareInferno
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
i'm sure you have some, but not a whole lot. the J is still tops, spades made it, and you're holding two of the tens. without knowing more about villain, you'll get some folds, but its a relatively bad turn card for it.

BluEsiNsOuL
09-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, for the UTG it's gonna be hard to put him on a hand range, I would say any small pairs, suited connectors (98+), maybe some weird played AA/KK/QQ&amp;#65292;or AJo+&amp;#65292; I don't see any weaker hands call our large preflop raise.

Out of those hands, what hands can call our almost pot size flop bet? He's either on a strong draw or has already a made hand. And the turn card will complete the flush draw.

We certainly have some FE, but i don't think it's large given the villain's preflop play. I think we check and fold to a shove here. too weak?

Ramana
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Raise less pf, bet less on the flop. You don't need to build a big pot, because he's short enough for us to able too put him AI by the river anyway. So you got yourself in a very ugly and expensive spot mainly by inflating the pot OOP. Readless I c/c a small bet, he's either made a hand on the flop or had a strong draw. I think you have not much FE on the turn, because he's short and already invested more than 1/3 of his stack and probably thinks you're fos or maybe he's fos, in either case he's not very likely to fold TP or better.

What are his stats?

Pokerdemic
09-14-2007, 12:50 PM
This was an ugly hand. There was no way he was calling me with anything worse than what I had, so I bet as a bluff, hoping to fold out TP, weirdly played overpairs and small pp 22-77, one of which just made a set doh!. I don't normally make the play readless, but his timing on the flop call made me think he was weak. But looking back, my preflop action probably made me look like I was stealing $ from the limpers, so I wondered if he was floating with a small PP on the flop.

TheRenaissance
09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Preflop is meh, but not terrible.
Flop is fine - but he wont be calling you with much that you beat.
...which is why you should c/f that turn.