PDA

View Full Version : $50 stars... pocket 7s... stuff happens

kurto
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
From memory. I know that I was playing tag. I believe I had a full stack because I run like crap and keep reloading. Villain in the hand was a full stacked mouse (TPA)... playing approx 24/3/4... you know the type.

I'm in middlish position.

I believe there was one limper. I raise to $2 with pocket SEVENS.

Villain calls on the button. I believe 1 ep player calls.

Flop- (6.75)
269 rainbow

Checks to me. I bet $6. Villain calls. Other guy folds.

TURN - ($18.75)
8 (269)

I bet $12. Villain Raises to $24. I know I can't fold. I question if I still have some fold equity against this player if I push. His aggression is a little high so I think there's a chance he's testing me. So I push.

Thoughts?

dnord
09-14-2007, 12:00 PM
My guess is that you do have some fold equity in this spot. His minraise reps a made draw but we know better.

CmnDwnWrkn
09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Fold equity is just about non-existant. Villain is committed at this point. Shoving not a great idea unless you have a read that this is likely a bluff or villian can make big laydowns. Villain made a mistake and is giving you great odds anyway with the minraise, so take advantage of it and call.

Ramana
09-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Why do u guys alway cbet so much?? 3/4 pot is more than enough. You have no FE, unlikely that he's testing you. If you test him and shove you ruin your draw, and make it -EV, because he's not folding often enough. All you can do here is to make a breakeven call and hope for a good river.

You have a marginal hand in a 3-way pot in a bad position. Now imagine that you bet 4.5 into a 6.75 pot instead of 6. You gain the same information much more cheaply and for a lot less risk. On the turn the pot is 15.75, you bet 2/3 pot, 10$ he minraises you to 20$, you call with even better odds than in the original hand, miss your draw and have invested only 1/2 of your stack instead of 3/5. In the long run, this difference gains you a lot.