PDA

View Full Version : bottom 2 on scary board

jasonfish11
09-14-2007, 11:22 AM
.01/.02 NL. I just sat at the table with no reads on either villan. This is a 6 max but I dont have HH with me now so I am typing by memory.

BTN ($6.75)limps
SB ($4.35)limps
Hero BB($3.00)dealt 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif checks

Flop: (0.06)
T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, hero checks (trying to trap), BTN bets .02, SB raises to .04, Hero calls (now not so good of a feeling about this hand), BTN raises to .24, SB raises to .68,<font color="red"> Hero??? </font>

I know the outcome and will post it later. But I want to know what I should have done and compare it to what I did. Still trying to learn NL and so far I am getting 8BB/100 over my first 10K hands.

Milky
09-14-2007, 11:33 AM
You're trying to trap on a drawy board in a limped pot w/bottom 2? Not a good idea. Just bet pot on flop. You played this way too passively.

jasonfish11
09-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree. I realized this and decided I wasnt thinking too clearly and ended my session about 15 minutes later.

What would you do with the way it was played (all be it not played well)

bsball8806
09-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah honestly, the very last thing you want to do here is check the flop. Trapping on a drawy flop like this with bottom 2pr is never a good idea. Lead out for 5-7 cents, or at least RR instead of flat calling the SB.

bsball8806
09-14-2007, 11:41 AM
as played, fold. the BB led out and raised, and the SB has basically min raised twice. I don't play at these stakes, but I'm sure at least one of them has you beat (probably both)

sickofants
09-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I lead out for the pot and am happy to take it down here. I often check bottom two on a board like against 5 or 6 opponents but it certainly isn't to trap.

As played, it couldn't be an easier fold. If you are ahead, it won't be by much. I don't mind the first call too much at these stakes (though I probably wouldn't make it) but you're most likely gonna fold at a later point.

jasonfish11
09-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Good. I folded but if I had stats on both villans I would have probably shoved. Yesterday I got about 100 hands on both and BTN was running 53/31/8 and SB was running 73/12/14.

Here was the rest of the action after I folded.
BTN shoved and SB snap called.

But it was a good fold
SB had J /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
and BTN had 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif Not a bluff this is how this guy plays (needless to say he is on my buddy list)