PDA

View Full Version : How's my line.....

KCrow
09-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Villain is 18/16/6 over 800 datamined hands.

I hate playing hands like TT-QQ OOP.

I never really no what is more +EV, c/c and see what the turn brings or donking the the flop. As you can see I went for the latter. Against this type of player does anyone think it may be better to c/c the flop and donk the turn. C/c'ing both the flop and turn seems awful. As does calling a reasonable bet on the river if the turn is also checked by the villain.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $36.65
BB: $54.40
Hero (UTG): $52.50
MP: $23.85
CO: $48.00
BTN: $51.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $5.00

Flop: ($14.75) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00.

BoerfSt
09-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Your flop bet looks so weak. I see this alot lately and often i re-raise a bet like that cuz you would never make this bet if you had a K or better.

eWeet
09-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I agree with BoerSt, bet more on the flop if you are going to donk bet(at least $10). Otherwise this is a c/f situation because villians stats seems standard for a decent player.

Craggoo
09-14-2007, 08:53 AM
I bet $10-$12 and see how he reacts to that bet. If the hand goes to the turn that brings up an interesting decision (obviously based on what comes). I can only see 2 hands calling you on the flop and folding on the turn: QQ and TT (maybe lower PP's depending on how light hes been 3betting you).

CobraGoat
09-14-2007, 09:46 AM
i think c/c lead the turn is waaaay better than donking this flop. what hands is this villain RRing you with PF? i say 99, TT, QQ, KK , AA, AK, AQ. donking is probably getting floated by the worse hands except maybe AQ and raised by the better hands. pot is bloated and you are OOP.

Craggoo
09-14-2007, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think c/c lead the turn is waaaay better than donking this flop. what hands is this villain RRing you with PF? i say 99, TT, QQ, KK , AA, AK, AQ. donking is probably getting floated by the worse hands except maybe AQ and raised by the better hands. pot is bloated and you are OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]
What kind of turn cards are you going to lead? Any card that isnt a face card? How large of a bet are you willing to call to then make a blocking bet on the turn?

KCrow
09-14-2007, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about this line if the stacks were deeper. I think this is a good line. However in this case if the hero checks the flop and calls a $10 bet, when the turn comes the pot is now about £35. If I want to donk the turn it means betting around the $20 mark. This leaves me with only $13 which will most likely go in on the river.

The plus point to the donk bet (which I agree should have been around $10) is that it looks very strong against the villain who's 3bet. I think this reduces the chances of him floating. And allows the hero to get away from the hand pretty cheaply if faced with a raise.

Genz
09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
You should only make this bet with a plan for future action. With JJ you have less than 30% chance that you will hit an overpair. So in a reraised pot, it doesn't matter if you hold JJ or air most of the time. So if you bet here because you think you have the best hand, you have to be willing to get it all-in when you are called unless a scare card hits because you will have about one pot sized bet left.

If you do not want to get it in because you think that it's unlikely that you have the best hand, you are bluffing. Nothing else. So take the appropriate line. It's 3bet pot. That means that you have very little room for maneuvering because all bets are big and will commit you, as did the flop bet that you made in this hand. Do what you think has the most fold equity. And give up on your bluff if you are picked up.

JJ oop is a horrible hand, imo. I don't mind a fold preflop. You can't play it for set value. You won't hit an overpair often enough. You won't be able to steal often enough to make it profitable. So against a nit, I don't mind laying it down. Just imagine you were holding 22 or 44(edit). Your hand is worth just about the same in a reraised pot OOP against a tight player.