PDA

View Full Version : NL10 - AA on paired flop, double paired turn

mojed
09-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $9.25
BB: $6.00
UTG: $19.55
Hero (CO): $6.60
BTN: $9.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, BB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.25) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.25) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.70</font>, Hero calls $0.70

Pot Size: $3.65 ($0.15 Rake)

Results in white.
<font color="white">
BB had 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (a full house, Jacks full of Nines) and WON (+$1.70)
Hero had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and LOST (-$1.80)</font>

Villain had just joined the table.

Flop seemed standard, extract value from AJ, KJ, whatever (the guy called preflop with J9, so obviously he has a wide range to extract from).

Not so happy at with the turn card, as obviously any J now has me beat (along with any 9 obv). If villain has a pocket pair below 9s, he's folding as he now has two pair bad kicker. QQ and KK look like the only hands I could extract value from with a bet, unlikely holdings given the preflop action. So I checked with the intention of calling the river, hoping I'd induced a bluff. Standard?

shoxbb6
09-14-2007, 01:46 AM
This is perfectly fine.

Nemesis69
09-14-2007, 06:35 AM
I play it the same.

kroeliewoelie
09-14-2007, 06:59 AM
He has the worst(for you) possible hand in his range and you managed to keep the pot small, well played I think. But do make a note that he is very passive when he flops a monster.

BoerfSt
09-14-2007, 07:43 AM
ye would have played it the same, keep the pot small.

PS And you have to listen cuz I'm an enthusiast!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
(sorry, at work and bored)