PDA

View Full Version : NL25, annoying spot with set of Kings

chillout85
09-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Ok, so I think I made a slight mess of this hand. Not got much on villain, all I've seen him do is bet very small with marginal one-pair hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

SB ($24.50)
BB ($23.37)
UTG ($19.57)
Hero ($93.17)
Button ($22.26)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="Red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="Gray">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="Red">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, UTG calls $2.75.

Turn: ($10.35) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($12.35) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $17.35

River fold seemed standard, I guess raising the turn might have been a good idea. When he called the flop raise I thought a heart draw was a reasonable part of his range. He did seem a strange opponent from the few hands I played with him, doing things like minbetting every street with top pair. Comments on anything welcomed as always...

(I wish I'd just shoved the turn /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

C4LL4W4Y
09-13-2007, 11:22 PM
on the turn, he can still have Ax or Qx, possibly even one heart. his bet amount is so weak that i like raising it up to about 6. if he then shoves, you're committed, but i can't put him solely on made straights and heart draws with that flop and that action - i think you're good often enough in that spot to make the odds call.

boredstudent
09-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I think the turn lead is often a made flush but in this case I don't know, is he really calling the raised flop on a flush draw?

Weak turn leads confuse me too! Looks a lot like a broadway two pair or Ah-T/J/K though I'd expect a pfr at least from AK.

I like a turn raise here, I can't see this being a flush so you're only realistically behind to AQ.

chrismystero
09-13-2007, 11:25 PM
you have to win only 29% of the time for this to be a call. It's a call. He could have a lot more junk like 1 or 2-pair that you still beat.

Craggoo
09-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I cant believe no one has mentioned this yet but this is party poker. Its very likely he has just a bare ace of hearts which got there on the end. Clear fold on the river i think.

C4LL4W4Y
09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
party poker isn't the donkfest it was. it's more comparable to stars and tilt nowadays.

mookboi
09-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Raise that turn. To like pot, 10ish or so. River really blows. As played, I'd still call though, his bet looks kinda weak sauce.

shoxbb6
09-14-2007, 01:15 AM
raise the turn

Craggoo
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I still think that Ah and a random queen is a LARGE part of his range. You clearly have to bet close to pot sized on the turn to price him out of his lone straight/flush draw. As played, river is still a clear fold. This is him going for maximum value most of the time.