PDA

View Full Version : Facing 140bb+ Turn Shove

Respekt
09-13-2007, 07:42 PM
No real reads on villain, he was running about 37/19/1.94 in 100 hands, saw him shove earlier on the turn with 2nd pair and nut flush draw. Appreciate any thoughts you might have on the situation, thanks.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $100.10
BB: $86.35
Hero (UTG): $84.55
BTN: $47.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>, BB calls $4.50, Hero calls $3.00

Flop: ($15) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, SB calls $8.00, BB folds

Turn: ($31) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $87.10</font>, Hero: ??

Pot Size: $118.10

eWeet
09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
fold, wait for a better spot.

You only have $13 invested. There is no need to risk the other $71.

shoxbb6
09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Bet more on the flop. Fist pump then mash the call button on the turn.

Respekt
09-13-2007, 08:06 PM
is there any logic behind your call on the turn? and i realized i need to bet more on the flop after i reevaluated the play.

pr0crast
09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
strange. if he had a boat, shoving here seems like a huge waste of value b/c it shuts out the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif if he doesn't have it, the obvious straight draw, etc. looks more like either he has a draw and wants you to fold or has a hand that is vulnerable to draws and wants you to fold. i'd put him on something like AQ and snap call.

terp
09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
way more on flop, call turn

Jamougha
09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh look we have a boat and he's an idiot. Call.

Khumalo
09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Based on his stats and previous turn shove, I call this.

Yes, you might run into quads or a bigger full house that he decided to play very spastically (check-call flop, open-shove turn) but that particular sequence of actions (if he has the slightest bit of rationality) doesn't make a lot of sense if he has KK or QQ given how drawy the flop is and how passively he played it. I expect even a fishy player to check-raise his set on a flop like that versus two opponents.

If he had KK/QQ, then you were coolered and he got lucky that his non-sensical line caught you when you had such a strong hand.

In general, I think his turn range must include AA, AdK (and other AKs), flopped straights / flushes, some straight-flush combo draws.

The only remaining consideration is his pre-flop min-3-bet. Some villains will only do this with super-premiums, but you need a large sample size before you can nail this down, and even if you decide his pf range is {QQ+, AKs}, you're still ahead on the turn assuming all of those get open-shoved.

I hope you called here, regardless of the outcome.

deadmanspoker
09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Bet more on the flop,

Call the turn.

Looking at the action, what card would you have preferred seeing come on the turn?(excluding the case J of course?)
Sure you wanted to buy the pot right there, however with a three flush/straight out there there is a lot of hands that would call.

It sucks to get cooler-ed but you can't always worry about monsters under the bed.

Respekt
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM
yea, i did in fact call, anything beating me there make no sense at all to play that fast, the norm for super donks would be a check raise or smaller value bet ther and so i was able to narrow it down to AdAx or Adkx possibly an AQ, turns out he had AdAx river was another king so thank god... thanks all