PDA

View Full Version : Playing draw out of position

faarcyde
09-13-2007, 05:16 PM
What is your standard line here? Check raise or lead out? Check call donk bet any non-spade river?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $6.45
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $14.30
MP: $9.75
CO: $9.20
BTN: $14.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.35</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.40</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero ???

Pot Size: $4.25

JimboNYY24
09-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Its hard to get value out of these hands OOP which is why I usually fold preflop. But I check since he's likely to bet and protect his hand after taking the lead on the flop. What to do from there depends on how villain plays.

Fiepoto
09-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I like check raise here. If he has a king, he's going to have to bet.

bknollenberg
09-13-2007, 08:06 PM
i like leading out with the bet on the flop. disguising flush draws is really hard, but i think a move like that does about as much as you can. i could even justify a check call on the turn, but here you're trying to represent a K weaker than his (if he has one or is representing it). but a check raise is probably the best play here.

Jamougha
09-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Flop bet is too small.

He will check behind too many hands that you beat here, just donk out and shove a good river.

bknollenberg
09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet is too small.

He will check behind too many hands that you beat here, just donk out and shove a good river.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think the flop bet is too small. if we're betting the pot there and we get raised much harder, say we flat call that. then the turn blanks, we check, he bets 3/4-pot, then what? i think the donkbet works in this spot.

Jamougha
09-13-2007, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think the flop bet is too small. if we're betting the pot there and we get raised much harder, say we flat call that. then the turn blanks, we check, he bets 3/4-pot, then what? i think the donkbet works in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

.60 just gets played back at less than .40 here, so you avoid that situation more.

Kasane
09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
This is why we don't call with suited connectors oop HU. It's really tough to get paid. Give me some overlay like a 3rd person, and it gets easier because of table dynamics.

This is one of those hands that would be sweet to 3bet light with every once in a while.

Not saying never ever call this pf, but I wouldn't make it a standard. Used to be my standard, not anymore.

faarcyde
09-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, T9s is on the lower end of my calling range in the blinds. I like to call once in a while there to mix it up.

bknollenberg
09-13-2007, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.60 just gets played back at less than .40 here, so you avoid that situation more.

[/ QUOTE ]
i see what you're saying, i just am thinking that if we're putting him on a made hand (AK, AA, whatever), it's getting raised no matter what so you're controlling the 3-bet size. but i see your point, and i think we're thinking the same way just about different situations. guess villain read determines this.