PDA

View Full Version : Top pair good kicker IP face a 3 barrel

Alexpoker
09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Villain is 20/19 over 100 hands and seems to be a good player. He hadn't make crazy bluff during the session.

Three orbits ago, i call a raise IP with QK and catch my top pair on the flop. He bets the flop, I call and he C/f the turn.

Seat 3: Hero ( $63.20 )

Seat 8: Villain ( $77.60 )

Your cards Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif [Hero]
Villain raises $2
Hero calls $2

Dealing Flop 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets $3.50
Hero calls $3.50
Dealing Turn 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets $8
Hero calls $8
Dealing River 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain bets $9
Hero calls $9

I have to find a fold somewere. Turn or river ? Or you play it the same way.

Thanks for advice, I have trouble to play spot like this one.

mookboi
09-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Raise flop. Fold to reraise.
If he checks turn, check behind & call decent sized river bet unimproved.

This is why position is teh nuts.

Kasane
09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Hm, this is full ring, so maybe take it to full ring.

At 6max, with position, I don't raise the flop every time -- not by a long shot. No real need. If we're ahead, we're ahead and we can call the turn for the same price as turning our hand into a bluff.

River is the tough one. Bet's so small that I think we have to call given the line...

Given history (he bet, you call, he c/folds turn) I think the call flop, call turn is fine because he'll be double barreling quite a bit of his range thinking you might be a floater.

Alexpoker
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
It's 6 max.

Villain is a straigforward player, so I just call the flop to see what he does on the turn.

He has JQ, so :
- if I raise the flop, I don't give him a free card to beat me, but if he calls, I play a big pot on the turn with only a TPGK
- if I call the flop, I play a small pot with my hand (that's good), but he can catch one of its outs. In that spot, I should be able to fold if he fires again.

Don't know what's the best long terme play.