PDA

View Full Version : Possible to beat Absolute micro stakes?

e_phemeral
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I've been playing 6-max $10NL and $25NL on Absolute for the past couple of weeks clearing a bonus and I simply cannot beat these freaking games. With bonus and rakeback, I have actually increased my roll a little, but excluding bonus/rakeback, I have lost a little of it. I feel that, for the most part, I have been playing good solid poker. I have tilted a little, but actually the couple instances of tilt actually worked in my favor because I picked up some big hands and got action. Aside from that, I feel that I rarely get paid on my big hands, and am constantly either getting sucked out or coolered (e.g., last night, flop bottom two, river boat and stack off to guy who flopped top and bottom and rivered better boat).

This is not fun. If I am lucky, I will find a table where there is 1 or maybe 2 marginal players who might stack off light. If not, then I am typically up against 4 or 5 TAGs who won't pay me off. I spend each session trying not to get coolered by one of the TAGS or sucked out on by one of the bad players. I feel like the only way I can post a decent win is if I am lucky enough to get some cards, not get cooled, not get sucked out on and not tilt as a result of any of the foregoing happening. It's defensive poker. In the past, I would spew a roll on this site very quickly by playing way to loose/aggressive and by playing games too big for the roll. I haven't yet done that with this new roll and am being much more careful about when and against whom I put my money in, but I gotta say that it's getting old playing my best just to post a break-even session.

So my question is whether anyone plays these games on Absolute and actually beats them? If so, how do you do it? I usually play 2 and sometimes 3 tables, but because I am not 18 years old, that is about the limit of the # of tables I can play and actually still focus. Is the only way to win to play like 20/10/5 PT stats and multi-table? Should I just give up on trying to win her and go where there are more fish (e.g., FTP, Stars)?

Also, does anyone also play microstakes on Ultimate Bet? I haven't played there in a long time. What are those tables like? Similar to Absolute?

Any posts would be appreciated. And feel free to flame me if you want, I don't care.

Peace,
e

jk1986
09-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Nope unbeatable..

tl;dr