PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Discussion: PPA access is there, what use will be made ?

TruePoker CEO
09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
On November 14, there will be a public panel discussion at G2E in Las Vegas on "The State oof the Industry: Internet Gambling at the Crossroads".

For anyone who thinks that Internet Gambling will not be a part of the US market, you should consider who is appearing in this industry presentation:

Frank Fahrenkopf Jr. CEO of the American Gaming Association,
Shelley Berkley, US House memeber D-Nev
J. Terrence Lanni, CEO of MGM MIRAGE
Gary Loveman, CEO of Harrah's.

The PPA should be able to hear very well what is being discussed, since Al D'Amato will also be on the stage, representing the Poker Players Alliance.

It is clear that, regardless of what people may think of the PPA Board make-up, it is recognized publicly to speak for US poker players.

The PPA is the starting hand US poker players have been dealt. You have no other hand which is live.

How it should or will be played may be influenced by constructive input to the PPA.

BluffTHIS!
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
So we got dealt a pair of jacks before the draw. That doesn't mean we stand pat. We discard and draw to improve.

There is absolutely *nothing* wrong with seeking to improve/change the composition of the board, and get the PPA to actively work on a larger goal set. And IF some particular board members really cared about the PPA, they would be willing to resign and be replaced. However if they put their own narrow self-interest first, then they won't. That's the bottom line.

DeadMoneyDad
09-13-2007, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So we got dealt a pair of jacks before the draw. That doesn't mean we stand pat. We discard and draw to improve.

There is absolutely *nothing* wrong with seeking to improve/change the composition of the board, and get the PPA to actively work on a larger goal set. And IF some particular board members really cared about the PPA, they would be willing to resign and be replaced. However if they put their own narrow self-interest first, then they won't. That's the bottom line.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have yet to show cause let alone standing.

D$D

BluffTHIS!
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I've done that 100% and your stating the contrary as many times as you can won't change anything DMD. You lack the intellectual honesty to admit that.

Tuff_Fish
09-13-2007, 10:19 PM
ENOUGH ALREADY.... QUIET.

Give it a rest. You are not going to have one iota of say in who makes up the board of the PPA.

Tuff...

You are putting me on tilt with this incessant braying about the PPA board.

yahboohoo
09-13-2007, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy bitches about about having a pair of jacks? Would you prefer the rag hand you got dealt on the hand before? And the hand before that? And the hand before that?

Your incessant bitching about the PPA and its board has made this forum both unpleasant and uninteresting.

Everyone -- and I mean everyone -- who has visited this forum in the last month knows how you feel. You don't like the PPA's board makeup. We get it.

We. Get. It.

Please, just give it a rest already.

Coy_Roy
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy bitches about about having a pair of jacks? Would you prefer the rag hand you got dealt on the hand before? And the hand before that? And the hand before that?

Your incessant bitching about the PPA and its board has made this forum both unpleasant and uninteresting.

Everyone -- and I mean everyone -- who has visited this forum in the last month knows how you feel. You don't like the PPA's board makeup. We get it.

We. Get. It.

Please, just give it a rest already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been biting my tongue from making this exact same post.

.....at some point the bitching becomes detrimental.

Richas
09-14-2007, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The PPA is the starting hand US poker players have been dealt. You have no other hand which is live.

How it should or will be played may be influenced by constructive input to the PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT