PDA

View Full Version : AA in a standard spot OOP

corsakh
09-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Villain is 13/6/4 pos aware over a good sample. Imho not aggro enough to repop my UTG open with JJ, yet aggro enough to fastplay good draws.

No IQ poker 0.25/0.50, hand converted by the iPoker Converter (http://www.talking-poker.com/hands/converter.aspx) at Talking-Poker (http://www.talking-poker.com)

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button TurnArse ($15.95)
SB marts007 ($41.29)
BB KINGofHARTZZZ ($49.25)
UTG MalagaNt06 ($55.25)
UTG+1 <font color="#C00000">Hero ($50.75)</font>
CO <font color="#C00000">tjuvpokes2 ($61.13)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
1 fold, Hero raises to 2.00, tjuvpokes2 calls 2.00, 1 fold, marts007 calls 1.75, 1 fold.

Flop (6.50) T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
marts007 checks, Hero bets 5.13, tjuvpokes2 raises to 14.00, 1 fold, Hero calls 8.87.

Turn (34.50) 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets 25.00

I see this as an ok card. I think I c/f any jack and any diamond.

On a side note, I probably fold on T96 flop too.

vixticator
09-13-2007, 05:16 AM
There's no way he can really call your turn bet with draw since you have like 10 behind and easy shove with best hand so seems like you are letting him play it perfect by betting so much. Why not 3bet flop if you plan to lead "safe" turn?

You hold Ace of diamonds and that takes a lot of hands out of his range. From MP I don't see many calls that flop a draw here by such a tight player. Suited connectors, QJ, those type hands so far from button are much less likely. If he just calls with Jacks, raising your flop bet is spewish. Certainly plausible. Mid to small pairs are the majority of his holdings IMO. You can really only beat Jacks once he raises. If he's popping you with 44 or something on flop... that's either sick or donk move.

corsakh
09-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Combo draws have 35-30% equity on this turn, I think I am giving him about the right price, I'd say even cheap.

You think he has TT-99 here more often than he does JTdd, QJdd, KQdd, JJ? I mean there are as many JJ combos in the deck as there are TT and 99 combined.

If I 3bet, I only have one pair and he wins on equity with a good draw. I dont like variance.

If I understand you correct you folding this flop based on the fact that you dont think than middle SC is a big part of his range, and put him on middle pairs. If you knew for a fact that hes range is wider and included JTs type of hands, how do you play this hand.

vixticator
09-13-2007, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You think he has TT-99 here more often than he does JTdd, QJdd, KQdd, JJ? I mean there are as many JJ combos in the deck as there are TT and 99 combined.

[/ QUOTE ]Do you think he calls JTdd, QJdd, KQdd preflop from MP facing UTG raise? That's my only concern here. If he calls most/every time with these hands with that kind of AF I expect he will push turn more than check behind, no?

Genz
09-13-2007, 05:38 AM
I like it, but I open push because I can't fold to a raise and I will get it in on the river when he flat calls.
When you call his raise on the flop, you have to get it in on a more or less blank turn, imo.
I don't really think that a straight is a big problem here, because villain seems to be very tight preflop and I don't think he'll cold call a SC in bad absolute and relative position.
His AF says that he never calls. So he can have TPTK, overpair, 2pair, set, air, overcards (+flushdraw) here. You are ahead of the draw and the TP, you have outs against the 2pair.
You MIGHT turn your hand into a bluff against a tight player like this, but since I think you can't get away from your hand and you don't want to give a free card here, you should use as much FE as you can get.

corsakh
09-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Why not? He may be bad enough to think QJ is a good hand. And he may be good enough to think he gets tons of implied odds calling my UTG raises in position. Knowing my UTG range, I would certainly call myself here with those hands. And I dont think he pushes a blank turn often too. A scare one - yes, but not a blank.