PDA

View Full Version : Zeebo! Can you fold this? 25 NL

Muflon
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
This happened my first orbit on the table. The plan was to make a weak looking cbet, hopefully get raised, then check raise AI on turn. What do you think of the plan and can I go through with it?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

CO ($32.55)
Button ($10.45)
SB ($24.75)
BB ($25.09)
Hero ($24.79)
MP ($19.71)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T /images/graemlins/spade.gif , T /images/graemlins/heart.gif .
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, 4 folds

Flop: ($8.35) J /images/graemlins/heart.gif , T /images/graemlins/club.gif , J /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="red">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red"> Hero bets $1</font>,<font color="red"> MP raises to $3</font>, <font color="red"> Hero calls $2</font>

Turn: ($8.35) A /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="red">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $5</font>, Hero ???

Edukashun
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
To the best of my understanding this isn't zeebo and no I couldn't get away from it.

On the hand I hate the weak lead I'd try and build a pot by leading for 1/2 pot.

shoxbb6
09-12-2007, 04:56 PM
why arent you 3betting the flop, crai the turn

thoman8r
09-12-2007, 04:57 PM
You can't be seriously thinking about folding here?

Pre-flop is fine.
Flop is awful. Either make a real bet and build a pot or just check.

Turn is the easiest shove ever.

MrWooster
09-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Converter seems to have messed up - that surly should be 2$ pot size on the flop

PocketBeats
09-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but why is that a scary turn card at all? Shove.

Muflon
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Why am I the only one scared of AJ? Should be in his range, no?

shox: When I saw the flop I decided what to do as written above.

Spinners
09-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Please don't bet like taht on the flop.

Make it $6.

As played Raise 10 on the flop, and poosh turn.

monkover
09-12-2007, 05:10 PM
[censored] you´re not sirious are you?

Ratamahatta
09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as well as bunch of other junk. You should never fold this.

Oh and it's not really zeeebo...

whyzze
09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I think you outplayed yourself

Spinners
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you´re not sirious are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

me?

Edukashun
09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Converter seems to have messed up - that surly should be 2$ pot size on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right I didn't spot that, then I'd assume a 3bet is almost mandatory if you wanna play for stacks.

kolotoure
09-12-2007, 05:32 PM
AJ and JT are both obv a part of his range but so is any Ax,Jx and a random bluff. Raise turn get all in and profit

stonescar
09-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Yes, get it in.

Btw, I really don't like the flop bet. If you were making a weak cbet, at least make it $3 (even though I don't like that either). Now you got LESS in on the flop than a standard cbet, and if villain is just raising because of your weak cbet (ie. you induced a bluff) he won't bet his stack off on turn anyway.

Anyhow, you have seriously underrepped your monster hand, and villain will prob get it in with any Ace or Jack - so get it in and profit!

Bill Smith
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AJ and JT are both obv a part of his range but so is any Ax,Jx and a random bluff. Raise turn get all in and profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget KQ just got there. Get it in somehow, please.

mackthefork
09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

shox: When I saw the flop I decided what to do as written above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that you just called his raise on the flop, hopefully he's drawing but if he does have a jack you're barely a 4-1 favourite, so 3 bet it at least, having said that I definitely go broke on this hand so I push the turn and hope to see KQ,KJ or JQ.

Regards Mack

YanP
09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
think i'm betting a normal 3/4ish pot bet on the flop (2$), and if raised 3-betting that flop usually, maybe with a read on an aggressive player i call and CRAI the turn. but you get all the money in on the flop with any J and you're so ahead.
The call and crai on the turn plan isn't bad imo, but against an aggressive player. As played i push the turn

i'm not a fan of donk bets to induce raises, ((although i do it sometimes) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif but hate myself while doing it) i prefer to lead the same ammount with that monster as i do with a bluff/draw for deception /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kasane
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Everyone saying bet more on the flop -- um, you can see there's been a serious converter error, right?

Pot is 2.35 on flop.

Weak bet still sucks. OP, when you continue with the hand after weak flop bet, what do you think villain is going to think when you show strong? He's going to think "Ah-hah, he's got a monster!". Just bet like you bet normally. Near pot is good.

Zeebo is for one pair hands and kinda applies more to a turn cr. This ain't Zeebo.

Edukashun
09-12-2007, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Zeebo is for one pair hands and kinda applies more to a turn cr. This ain't Zeebo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean Baluga.
I thought Zeebo was a full house when trips were on the board.

For example you've got 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

The boards shows 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif x

You push the river because AA-99 won't fold.

Sean Fraley
09-13-2007, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean Baluga.

For example you've got 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

The boards shows 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif x

You push the river because AA-99 won't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. Zeebo is for when you have quads using only one of your whole cards and there is a decent chance that one or more opponents have a boat:

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Board: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

We know that villain will only bet or call a paired flop with no decent draws if either he hit at least a pair or has an overpair. In this case he called all the way to the river so you know he has either a queen, aces, or kings. In this case we shove the river because most uNL villains can't bring themselves to fold a boat, especially if the pair is higher than any of the board cards.

This is an actual hand that I had yesterday. Villain actually folded after much grousing in the chat. I check-raised him on the flop to try and break him of his habit of making a pot size bet each and every time that anyone checked to him. The downside is that he put me on a either a pair of aces or kings that I checked through in the big blind instead of raising. While I had no way of knowing that the third eight would hit, I'm pretty sure that he would have called the river shove if I hadn't made such a strong move on the flop.

traz
09-13-2007, 01:10 AM
zeebo most commonly refers to an AAA board, and you have 66 and never folding it. Or an AAA6 board, and you have 76 and never folding it.

Rarely is it used to talk about quads and the like, but I suppose it still applies. All it says is that people hate folding FHs

Kasane
09-13-2007, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean Baluga.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd, I feel so dumb right now.

Zeebo is the "boats can't fold" one, isn't it? Push with 4 of a kind thing, even if it's an overbet.

Damn, now I have to go look it up again.....

Muflon
09-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Zeebo is basicaly "no one ever folds a full house"

google told me that Zeebo = "Nobody is capable of folding a full house on any street for any sized bet, ever. Don't fool yourself into thinking they can. I'm not even referring to NUT full houses (eg. board reads 29522, if your opponent has the loan 5, they will almost always call allin; if they folded, it was likely do to timing out or a misclick). Remember: full houses aren't too common, and after all, you might be bluffing! "

And I don't think it only applies when trips are on board. It applies to any and all boats. But I have under 10 posts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone for replies.