PDA

View Full Version : Flopping sets OOP against PFR

Beck
09-12-2007, 03:52 PM
This is something that just isn't working out for me,like it should.

It seems the general consensus here is, that if you flop a set OOP against a PFR you should bet out, hoping to get raised, so that you can 3-bet it.
However, only very very seldom do the PFR actually call (or 4-bet) my 3bet. Otherwise they just fold every single time.

So I'm pretty sure i'm dong something wrong.

How much should I raise when 3-betting?
Example NL50, I'm in BB with 55, button raises to $2, I call, flop comes 25J, pot is $4. If I bet $3, he raises to $8, what should I reraise to? $18? $25? all in?

When should I go or a CR instead?

I know it depends on things like my image, opponents aggression, board texture etc.
I'm just looking for some general guidelines.

orig!naL
09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
depends how arrgo they are and stack sizes

but, generally yes, I would raise his $8 bet to $22 or so.

If it's a rainbow flop, you can also call and go for a C/R on the turn with a flop as dry as 25J if you know he is aggresive.

Upgrade_U
09-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Leading out might not be good, the only times I donk is only when the board is VERY drawy and villain probably hit it.
But then again I rarely ever coldcall as well.
It is all about board textures, J52r is a blank board and 3betting there is pointless, rarely anyone will stack off w/ TPTK or a weaker hand there - I am talking about the regs not the 80/40/2 donks

Snafu'd
09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I think one situation where it is obvious to lead out is in a multiway pot on a wet flop. Say there are a couple of limpers, the button raises (but not so much where calling with a small to mid pp would be incorrect for you), sb folds, and you elect to call in the bb w/ 66, and the other two limpers come along. Flop comes 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. This is a situation where the flop is likely to have connected with both the preflop raiser (button) and the other players in the hand. You should pretty much lead out in this situation every single time. By doing so, you get value on your own hand, you can trap the limpers if they decide to call, and if the button raises you get to 3 bet big, which will in turn protect your strong but vulnerable holding and build a big pot where you can get all the money in the middle.