PDA

View Full Version : Question about FTP points

buckyb88
09-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Ok, I understand that FTP usage gets taken out of Rake Back.
But i hear that it's $.06 per point. this would mean that if i buy the 50" plasma TV, i'd be spending 400,000 points. at .06 per point, that's 24,000 bucks out of rake back, meaning over 6k real dollars...?? that's more than retail... somebody please help me understand

Niediam
09-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Your MGR is reduced by 0.005 cents per point redeemed.

And then your actually rakeback reduction is 27% of that number.

Suigin406
09-12-2007, 05:10 PM
400K plasma TV x .005 per FTP = $2000 of ur MGR

ur RB payment is 27% of ur total MGR, so the RB hit u take is $540

buckyb88
09-12-2007, 08:45 PM
o

DaCooler
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
which is ridiculous anyway

thedarknight
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
i guess why would you ever use your FTP points....maybe if never plan on playing there again.

Maulik
09-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Does ftp allow anything similar to concierge?

MURK
09-13-2007, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess why would you ever use your FTP points....maybe if never plan on playing there again.

[/ QUOTE ]

because you only pay 27% of the item's value?

SirFelixCat
09-14-2007, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But to buy anything worth a damn, you will have had to put in a ton of hands, therefore, you should have already "earned" the item you bought with you points, but instead, you're having to bust your ass to earn all the points then pay 27% of retail on top.

That is the suxor.

And I'm a FT reg... :sigh:

terrellk11
09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But to buy anything worth a damn, you will have had to put in a ton of hands, therefore, you should have already "earned" the item you bought with you points, but instead, you're having to bust your ass to earn all the points then pay 27% of retail on top.

That is the suxor.

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of players on FTP don't have rakeback, so the prices they set for the items in the store are based upon the cost to the site for getting these items for those players as compared to the amount of money the players would have generated for the site in the process of earning those points.

Since you have rakeback, the amount of money you generate for the site is exactly 27% less than it is for players without rakeback. Therefore, they expect you to pay 27% of the price to compensate.

Potabuser
09-14-2007, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess why would you ever use Since you have rakeback, the amount of money you generate for the site is exactly 27% less than it is for players without rakeback. Therefore, they expect you to pay 27% of the price to compensate.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true at all. Many of those players without
rakeback have signed up through an affiliate
(PSO, BW etc. etc.). For all these players FTP pay out
the same amount as they do for their rakeback players.
The only difference is that the affiliates get the money
instead of the players.

DaCooler
09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i guess why would you ever use Since you have rakeback, the amount of money you generate for the site is exactly 27% less than it is for players without rakeback. Therefore, they expect you to pay 27% of the price to compensate.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats very interesting and if true pisses me off immensely
instead of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats very interesting and if true pisses me off immensely

terrellk11
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The payments to those affiliates are reduced by the same 27% you lose from your rakeback.

MURK
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the suxor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up.

tagtastic
09-14-2007, 01:20 PM
If you spend FTP points and have rakeback, just make sure the item you're purchasing is worth 27% of it's retail value to you.

For most nice items, this is a no brainer yes. For crap you don't want and can't sell for more than 27% of it's retail price, it's not worth it.

I just bought a 42" plasma from the store yesterday. It's gonna cost me $405 in missed rakeback. That's fine with me, 'cause there no where else you're gonna get this TV brand new for less than $1050 shipped online, and considerably more than that at a real retail store. Also, during the time it took to get me the 300k points for the TV, I probably made 10x the cost of the TV in rakeback monies.

Yeah, it's not as cool of a system as giving you the stuff for 100% free, but that's how they do it and it's still in your best interest to use your points sometime (even if you just eBay the stuff).