PDA

View Full Version : 10NL T9s flopps FD...

MrWooster
09-11-2007, 07:39 PM
PF is meh - but villain is an aggro TAG who has been stealing the blinds a lot and I am playing back at him, I think I have to lead the flop here, I am the PFR and I have a good draw - but what do you do on the turn?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($6.44)
UTG ($3.12)
Button ($11.34)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($10.66)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($2.90) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.1</font>, Button calls $2.10.

Turn: ($7.10) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

Peter Harris
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
the turn quandary is partly why pf was so meh, woost.

I either blocking bet or c/c with odds, problem with villain being a good tag means he'll pick off a block. i check and hope villain prices you in, although my other option is 1/2 pot, which villain may fold to the board pair.

Pot the flop.

MrWooster
09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
If I half pot and he shoves I am pot committed, I have about 7.5 left - if I bet 3.5 I have 4 left and so have to call a shove... and I am pretty sure villain will bet ATC if checked to.

Peter Harris
09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I half pot and he shoves I am pot committed, I have about 7.5 left - if I bet 3.5 I have 4 left and so have to call a shove... and I am pretty sure villain will bet ATC if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

CRAI then!

huhwhatyousay?
09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
CR/AI on flop. If he doesn't oblige, you get a free card. If he does, you have pretty decent equity vs. his calling range and loads of FE. If it checks through and the turn blanks, no biggie. You're still in better shape than if you bet and the turn blanks.

My experience at 10NL tells me that villain's range after calling the flop bet here is on the order of {AK,AA,QQ-TT,Total Air,KQ,88-33,22,99,44}, w/ hands on the left side of the spectrum being most likely and hands on the right side being the least likely.

Does he float alot in r/r pots? At 10NL, I'm going to default by saying no. C/f seems perfectly reasonable; your equity is pretty low vs. his betting range and I don't think you have enough FE anymore. Best case scenario, he checks behind. You improve.

members_only
09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Pre-flop is fine, although hardly necessary.

If you haven't got a history of light 3-betting etc, I think I like a turn shove. You should have a lot of fold equity, and have lots of outs if he calls.

ABCofPKR
09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is meh - but villain is an aggro TAG who has been stealing the blinds a lot and I am playing back at him, I think I have to lead the flop here, I am the PFR and I have a good draw - but what do you do on the turn?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($6.44)
UTG ($3.12)
Button ($11.34)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($10.66)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($2.90) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.1</font>, Button calls $2.10.

Turn: ($7.10) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think vilain has? you must think that... and then decide...

I dont think he called the flop with nothing, or he has a draw or some kind of hand that he will not be folding lot of time... so I think betting turn is a mistake cause you have no fold equity... just check and call a small bet...

members_only
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
If you're not planning on folding to a bet, shoving seems much better than c/c. Any bet you call is going to commit you, probably with the worst hand, so you might as well bet yourself and profit when he folds a better hand.

I think you've got loads of FE, you are repping massive strength and he will have a tough time calling with anything worse than AA/KK/AK. He could have peeled the flop with lower pairs or a flush draw. Set of nines or fours obviously highly unlikely.

huhwhatyousay?
09-11-2007, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you've got loads of FE, you are repping massive strength and he will have a tough time calling with anything worse than AA/KK/AK. He could have peeled the flop with lower pairs or a flush draw. Set of nines or fours obviously highly unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. On second thought, shoving the turn seems fine. With around 20% equity if called by AA/KK/AK, you need villain to fold around 29% of the time to break even. Even if he only peels w/ 9 combos of QQ/JJ type hands, you'll do fine provided he folds these.

09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Sucks that villain just calls your CB. Would be so much nicer if he 3bets you, so you could shove. I probably just check turn and fold to a reasonable bet. I doubt villain will fold his hand even to a shove.

Kasane
09-11-2007, 09:40 PM
We shove the turn here, imo. Villain is floating with a small piece or a flush draw. We're way ahead of the flush draw and we'll fold out almost every float. We've even got decent equity against if they call.

This is rarely a set slow-playing -- not on a two-tone, K high flop.

orange
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
shove the turn

MrWooster
09-12-2007, 05:15 AM
OK thanks for the help - I ended up shoving the turn and he folded, but I was really unsure if I did the right thing.