PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Bank Account?

WannaBeInCanada
09-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I’m a US citizen and I’ve been trying to acquire a Canadian bank account for online gambling purposes. I was told by RBC Royal Bank that I could open an account online/and or through the mail and they sent me a bunch of forms to fill out. I then received the following email:
“Thank you for contacting RBC Royal Bank. We have received your application to open an account through our on-line site. As some of the information that was input indicates that you are currently a non-resident, we need to make further inquiries.
Are you currently in the process of coming to Canada as an immigrant or under a student visa or work permit?
If not, please explain in detail the need to have an account in Canada.
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Sincerely, “
I am not planning on immigrating to Canada or getting a student visa (although you can do short-term student programs without a visa). I do sometimes stay with my friend in Toronto, so I could show proof of residence (although getting a bill with my name on it might be difficult.) I was wondering if anyone has had any success with this and what are some excuses they’d except. (I’m a professional poker player is probably not going to fly).

Anyone with experince in this matter please post here or pm me.

WannaBeInCanada
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
wrong forum sorry.