PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 JJ flops overpair against weirdly aggressive action

starkwired
09-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $56.60
BB: $52.30
Hero (UTG): $49.25
CO: $53.00
BTN: $17.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $7.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

Flop: ($14.25) T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $11.00</font>, Hero calls $11.00

Turn: ($36.25) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $34.30</font>, Hero ?

Villain is 21/12/2 over 360 and is a competent reg who plays his hands for value (at least that's my read). Feel like I messed this one up.

Peter Harris
09-11-2007, 10:10 AM
raise flop if you think you're ahead, otherwise fold. You aren't calling to see if he "gives up" the turn. You're likely behind here to an overpair bigger than yours, although i guess he *could* be pushing A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif or A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I fold the flop, or push over the top and expect to be called by better hands.

Milky
09-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Does anyone fold this pf? Or is his range wide enough to make this an easy call?

Peter Harris
09-11-2007, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone fold this pf? Or is his range wide enough to make this an easy call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fold this PF. You have the benefit of position and are getting the right odds to stack should you flop a better set (assuming his reraise can rightly be assumed to be an overpair). If it's AK it's unlikely he's double barrelling there except being extremely aggro with an FD.

Kasane
09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
This seems fine to me -- if we think he's on AK, QQ+, and we don't think he's double barreling AK, why raise the flop where better hands are calling? For the 13% chance he'll hit an A or K on the turn?

Milky
09-11-2007, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fold this PF. You have the benefit of position and are getting the right odds to stack should you flop a better set (assuming his reraise can rightly be assumed to be an overpair). If it's AK it's unlikely he's double barrelling there except being extremely aggro with an FD.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your post above you say to either raise or fold flop however here you're talking about him double barreling, which I'm assuming is a call on the flop. So which is it? Raise, fold or call?