PDA

View Full Version : Nl 25 Straight

CrAcK_N_CoKe
09-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $19.60
BB: $25.15
UTG: $34.75
MP: $25.00
Hero (CO): $59.30
BTN: $13.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $1.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

River: ($13.35) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $8.00. Hero...?</font>

I actually think i played this hand very badly.

Pf i dont wanna discuss , but i know my call on the flop put me in situation like this.
Should i raise this turn ?
And river its an easy call?

CPFB
09-11-2007, 12:33 AM
fold pre

I think I'm okay with peeling on the flop. I'm sure some will make an argument for raising here.

You have to raise the turn imo. A 7 or a 10 on the river makes your straight a bluff catcher and a heart makes it hard to play as well.

Plus, a turn gives you the betting lead. If a scare card falls, he may still check to you, allowing you to showdown.

TheArtfulDodger
09-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Raise on flop. There are a lot of cards that you don't wanna see on turn: it could kill action/ or improves other hands to a better than yours.

SkeetyMcdoogle
09-11-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm raising turn to 14 and calling any push/riverbet if he smoothcalls. As played, call river. I don't understand your point in limping one-gappers when youre considering folding when you make your straight?

futuredoc85
09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
raise the turn, if hes tight i guess you can flatcall river but i think at 25NL hes much more likely to have a set or an overpair for firing all 3 street, so there may be value in a river raise

CrAcK_N_CoKe
09-11-2007, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising turn to 14 and calling any push/riverbet if he smoothcalls. As played, call river. I don't understand your point in limping one-gappers when youre considering folding when you make your straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not considering folding lol , im considering shoving here.I dont think he got the flush and the straight would be a gutshot.

Im considering shoving for value against set and overpair but im wondering if its +Ev to shove here.

DeathbySuckout
09-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Raise Flop. You are cold calling a soooted one gap so that you can win a big pot against an overpair or TPTK if you hit. This is a great flop for you, so start building the pot.
Raise turn so that the pot on the river will give the right amount to push and get a call.

futuredoc85
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not considering folding lol , im considering shoving here.I dont think he got the flush and the straight would be a gutshot.

Im considering shoving for value against set and overpair but im wondering if its +Ev to shove here.

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as he doesnt view you as some kind of nut-peddler def. shove.

zooot
09-11-2007, 11:21 AM
CONVERTER:

http://www.legopoker.com/hh/

For many HH posts to come!

orange
09-11-2007, 12:30 PM
I like raising the turn. Many scare cards to kill your action, protects your hand while gaining value, etc. As played, I think I shove.