PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on facing 3 bets from standard TAG OOP

starkwired
09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey guys-

Instead of posting hand histories, I'd like to ask a question about a specific situation that seems to come up a lot and which I don't feel like I have enough of a plan for. Occasionally, an aggressive (let's say they have a less than 7 percent difference between VPIP and PFR) player will 3 bet me in position. Assume that this player hasn't been doing this over and over again, just every once in awhile. What do you call with here if the stack sizes are 100BB? 150BB? 200BB?

I feel I have a pretty good grasp on how to play it in position, but to a normal sized raise OOP, I feel lost sometimes. I have a few thoughts, but I think I'll ask for opinions first.

Lego05
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
This is just so villian and so history dependent IMO. With 100BB stacks I'm either folding or 4betting (except I don't always know what to do with TT and JJ and so sometimes call. I'm always 4betting QQ+,AK. I might 4bet weaker and I may 4bet garbage hands like A4,86s,etc.

The deeper the more likely I'll call with a pocket pair.

Rounder101
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
agree, 100 BB OOP it all comes to 4b with the intention of calling a shove, or muck it.
150BB deep, I might start calling some hands like JQs, ATs, and 4b some other hands like TT, but fold to a shove.
200BB deep, if ur not raising absolutely crap in early position, which I hope so... I think any hand u raised early should call here. Thats any pp, Axs, suited connectors,etc.

starkwired
09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
agree, 100 BB OOP it all comes to 4b with the intention of calling a shove, or muck it.
150BB deep, I might start calling some hands like JQs, ATs, and 4b some other hands like TT, but fold to a shove.
200BB deep, if ur not raising absolutely crap in early position, which I hope so... I think any hand u raised early should call here. Thats any pp, Axs, suited connectors,etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, with 100BBs, you would never flat here?

Rounder101
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
No. The only hands for flat calling here would be 99-JJ, but if we do so, we are basically turning them into "set catchers", if an overcard hits we probably would have to check/fold, and if not, say 257 flop, and we check raise, we would let him play perfectly, hes stacking us with his larger pairs, while we wont stack him if he has AK-AQ. Its hard to fold 9s or AQ in this spots, but I feel calling is just not profitable. Id rather 4b 9s than flat call em.
AK is another one, but if we call AK, we have like a 33% chance of flopping something. If we do so, probably an A or K is ending the action if he has QQ JJ, while if he has a better one once again he will be stacking us.
AK might be the only one Im calling here, but OOP I just prefer shoving... which might get TT JJ or even QQ fold.