PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Kings, Ace on the flop, Trip Kings on the turn, and ???

Tenshai
09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi. I'll post for the first time with a hand.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $10.79
BB: $7.01
UTG: $2.00
UTG+1: $5.75
MP1: $2.17
MP2: $5.24
MP3: $10.63
CO: $10.40
BTN: $5.17

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (9 Players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 4 folds, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: ($1) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.25</font>, BTN calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.50) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $4.52</font>, Hero ???????

Is there any chance I can fold that? If not, where should I have played differently?
In addition, I had 100 hands with the Villain in PT. TA/A, 19%/10%/1.5. He looked like he was playing solid poker and I was pretty sure he was not on a total bluff, or even on a draw.
I'll post the rest of the hand a bit later.
Thanks.

TheRenaissance
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Welcome!

First off your preflop raise is too small, make it $1.
The same goes for your flop bet - make it 0.75 or so.
And again on the turn: make it $1, and just shove over his raise.

If you lost just make a note of what villain had, reload, and move on.

DarkMagus
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
$1 is too big, make it 60c preflop. Bet like 75c on the flop, and get the money all-in any way you can on the turn.

mookboi
09-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Make it at least .75 preflop to make it -EV for him to setmine.
Bet more on flop. 3/4th pot or so is standard.

Bet more initially on turn, just shove him all in when he raises you.

You need to work on your betsizing - minraising is awful pretty much always.

Tenshai
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks a lot. I'm thinking clearly again. All the way, I was trying to be smart and trap him, and I was just pretty weak.
After a set of bad hands, I got very excited over the KK, very disappointed (and scared) with the flop, and I totally lost it on the turn.
On those micro-limit tables, raising to 1$ is a lot of money and I don't think I'd ever get any action, especially from a tight player. But 20c more was indeed very weak.
The flop, I got scared. I was going to give up on the hand if he called or raised. Weak again.
The turn, in my opinion, was ok. I was trying to show weakness to induce a raise. And then trying to get all his money in. But I got scared again when it actually happened. I didn't think it would, and it got me thinking about what he could have, maybe a bit late.

I'll hid the rest of the hand in white:

<font color="white">[...] Hero calls $3.02

River: ($10.54) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $10.54 ($0.50 Rake)

BTN had J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a straight, Ten to Ace) and WON (+$4.87)
Hero had K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (three of a kind, Kings) and LOST (-$5.17) </font>

Anyway, thanks a lot. This hand was not that complicated after all. Bad play and I almost deserved my bad beat.

kassdog
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
no it was a hand you were destined to lose. It happens.

resboard
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Reraise more preflop more like $1. On the flop bet more like 1/2 pot. It looks like you guys are playing limit poker if your going to raise or reraise make don't do min.