PDA

View Full Version : C-bet or Not?

hendrix23
09-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com) Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $9.48
BB: $3.04
UTG: $2.00
UTG+1: $15.87
MP1: $2.00
MP2: $4.00
CO: $4.66
BTN: $5.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (8 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.80</font>, 4 folds, BTN calls $1.30

Flop: ($4) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($4) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00

River: ($10) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.10</font>, BTN calls all-in for $0.95
Uncalled bet of $0.15 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $11.90 ($0.59 Rake)

Hero had K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$5.56)
BTN had J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Again, I'm new to poker. I usually C-bet oop heads up every time, I'de never played this guy before so he wouldn't notice anything weird here. Before the flop I had him on TT-QQ, AK. I was hoping he'd bet if he had the last king, so I could check re-raise. I had the King of diamonds so I wasn't really too worried about him having the flush draw. Also didn't want to scare him away if he had the Q's since I wanted his stack. Should I c-bete when I'm pretty sure I'm far ahead or is this ok?
Thanks

xeanatic
09-10-2007, 08:18 AM
just bet the flop he is not going anywhere

Jzo19
09-10-2007, 08:19 AM
ZOMG!!! BET!!!!!

hendrix23
09-10-2007, 08:21 AM
lol. Will do.....Thanks.

Xylem
09-10-2007, 08:27 AM
But when uve hit the board THAT hard is it really going to be likely ITLR that youll get called?

hendrix23
09-10-2007, 08:46 AM
That's what I was thinking. I wanted to show a little weakness so he'd be more comfortable putting his money in on 4th street. Maybe I should have c-bet a small lead to allow someone to come over the top, but still get money in the pot, and show weaknes?

PietM
09-10-2007, 08:58 AM
You want money in the pot. Players that don't call a flopbet, won't call a turnbet most of the time.

I wouldn't bet small here to show weakness. A lot of players bet small to 'lure players in', but I don't think it works that often.

Keitan
09-10-2007, 09:21 AM
you should be cbetting like 90% of flops regardless of whether you hit or not.. more based on texture of board and number of opponents in the hand.. If you base it on how hard you hit the flop this can become exploitable to observant players. But it's ok to say bet a little less than you normally would to induce a call/raise imo.

Keitan
09-10-2007, 09:24 AM
And against some players I'll even bet more than I normally would.. like pot-size if I think they'll think I'm trying to push them out of the pot.. These opponents generally seem annoyed, skeptic, and are losing at the moment.

hendrix23
09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I've been C-betting 95% of the time, the same amount to disguise my hand. This is the only time I havn't c-bet oop like this heads up. I've had a couple cases where I flop a full house or something.... c-bet...everyone walks away, and I'm sure I should've been able to get more out of it. Just wanted to try something here.

Given his stack size, a smaller c-bet would have him tied to the pot pretty soon. Maybe that would be a good move?

kroeliewoelie
09-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Definitely cbet for a decent amount. Multiple reasons to do it:

1) Do not give cheap cards / free cards to straight and flush draws
2) At 10NL (6-max at least) people call if they like their hand and fold if they don't. And a lot of people love their hand very soon, that means any pair, any draw. It is my experience that a lot of players seem to have disabled their fold button.

If you feel that people are folding to much to your strong hands, that means you should play more hands strong and not play your strong holdings weak. If they recognise that you are doing this, change gears again and start getting paid off on your good holdings. (Changing back is not always easy, at least for me)

Btw, why are you sitting at a table with so many shortstacks? There is not much money at this table for you to win.

hendrix23
09-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks a lot bro. That makes sense.

I think I'm a short stack magnet, lol. As soon as I sit at a table it seems all the big stacks leave, and people buy in for $2, and sqrew my implied odds. Probably should have left this table sooner, but a lot of tables at party have a lot of small stacks in NL10.